Gunco Forums banner

UZI receiver welding question

7K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
Hello All
Whats the best way to aline and weld a UZI receiver ? I am building a SA mini from a full size kit. Would MIG welding be OK ? I want to make sure I get everything welded perfectly straight, like the feed ramp. ect. I have read all the tutorials, but none seem to cover alinement.
Thanks guys:thumbup1:

#3 ·
D and D has not had those alinment tools for awhile. I called to get a set 2 years ago. He said all he had was the hole finder for the rear sight. He said he might make more if the assault weapon bill sunset. I called back last year and he said still not making them. He told me to use a tig to weld the receiver. He had the machinist booklet to assemble it by and other people had made their own tools to use. I got a tig when harbor freight had them on sell last month. I need to get mine done.

#5 ·
Hammerbyt, You can check alianment measurements using the UZI drawings from Uzitalk.com and that will help you. Also what I did was started with a three piece reciever, put my 16" barrel into the front trunion and positioned the feed ramp and took lots o measurements and tack welded it {Mig} Did the same for the rear portion and using a copper block for positioning holding of parts. Then be sure to plug weld {Tig} the semi auto bar into the rear part of reciever to keep you ok with ATF people. It's not brain surgery but you do want it to function reliable. Good luck with that project....Slowfinger

#8 ·
I guess I can do my next full size UZI build here. I have made up one so far and it works as it should.

The former gun group I hung out in has put so many restraints on who can see the step by step process for building anything. So, I think my new gun kit building home now is GUNCO.net.

I will do my UZI semi build here instead.

MUSIBIKE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.