Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Will NFA be repealed?

Feedback Score

Default Does anyone

Does anyone know the date they are supposed to pass desision on this I know its this month but did they set a date???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

No firm date, AFAIK "sometime in June" is merely an estimate based on previous case decision times.

Feedback Score

Default Thanks

Thanks Kirnal I thought there was a date set OK will keep my eyes & ears open till they do make a desision

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default BUMP!

Hi Sjohnson,

That was an enlightened thought! I had not stumbled over that one in my little pea brain!

It just goes to show that no matter how smart I think I am, there will be a Kernel Krink, a 555th, or an Sjohnson to keep me in line....

Please keep this kind of thread (these kinds of threads?) going. This is the 2nd biggest reason that I love Gunco!

Bellson

Feedback Score

When are we supposed to hear their ruling?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Would be real cool if we can apply to build a machine gun from our old demilled kits again!

But, I do have another transferable STEN MKV in the works right now. Not too many of them left around.

There went another $200.00!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Personally, I would like to see the 1986 Ban on producing new machine guns repealed. They could leave the tax payment in place, I think the majority of people would be happy to pay the tax in order to buy a brand new gun. Example: A brand new select fire AKM can be produced for around 125.00 (before the kits started drying up). Now, IF you can find a registered, transferable AKM, you are gonna pay around 12 Grand for a low end AKM. It simply isn't worth it. I have seen a pristine, registered, Chinese Type 56 Milled receiver AK47 that was a Vietnam bring back sell for 30 Grand. That is a new car, or home (if you like modular types). NO WAY is a friggen gun that cost MAYBE 200 dollars to produce back in the late 50's worth that. Will the 86 Ruling be reversed? I doubt it. So maybe we can all hope that the ban on imports will be lifted.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

If it is repealed and the tax remains in place, expect the tax to go up, adjusted for inflation to probably $10,000.....

Feedback Score

Just repeal the 86 ban and allow the importation of kits. I wonder how many Class 2 manufacturers licenses will be applied for then?

bil
    Feedback Score

If you look at the cases that were being decided in the 30s and 40s,you will see a pattern that is still visable.The Interstate traffic section as it involves intrAstate traffic is a very convoluted one,and the government used every trick in the book in those cases.I don't have the case access right now,but one of the famous ones involved a wheat farmer that was growing wheat for his own consumption.The government case tying it to interstate commerce was hinged on the fact that if he raised and ate his own wheat,it would affect growers and sellers in other states as those loaves were then not needed,thus affecting their business.So you see,funny business in the Supreme court is nothing new,they were used to make social change back then.Answer to thread question-no,I don't think it will lead to that big of a change.But we can always hope and fight for it. ---bil

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.