Gunco Forums banner

PPSH-41 Semi Build

4K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  dutigaf 
#1 ·
Hi, I have always liked the PPSH-41 and want to do a semi build.I am thinking about getting one of the kits from miliary gun supply.I am first trying to get as much information as I can on how involved the build is.I searched here but most of the suppliers mentioned don't list PPSH semi parts any more.Is there someone who sells bolts and fire control components or modifies the original parts.Also are there any 80% recievers or 16" barrels available.Any information will be appreciated. - Thanks

#3 ·
yeah ive got a build thread there on this, ive also got one here on it and we've got several on shoot1919a4.com and 1919a4.com about the PPSH41 conversion and how to make it foolproof like this one:

its called the "Sherman conversion" and it is now the new industry standard for the guns and everyone is going to it including WLA and AA who make them for everyone else. if you need more info i can link you nto a thread and let you go from there.....

#4 ·
Thanks to both of you.Thanks for the weaponeer link.I tried there before but for some reason I can't find the forums where they list individual builds by weapon type.That's a nice gun.if that's the accepted build process I could use the link you mentioned.I have alot of reading to do on the subject and I want to filter out as much older stuff as possible.

#5 ·
Dunn, also keep an eye on the SR41 post on here too. I'm going to post some pics soon, but the gallery isn't letting me right now, you might be able to get ideas from them as well.

#6 ·
dude you can build one anyway you want and they all work with enough tinkering....

out of the 4 that ive done the Sherman conversion is the best version.

Allied arms is now gonna redo theirs to something similiar

Wla has already redone theirs to this

and the IO deal can be made to work, but it was never really very good..

Nitegunne and myself both have thread s at weaponeer on this or the easier thread to find is here:

http://209.62.36.118/~shoot191/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3266

or if you want the thread with tons of comments try this one:

http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13643

then let us know how it goes.

#11 ·
#17 ·
I am intrested in building a ppsh-41 from scratch a have alot of blueprints, most parts with materials list but its not 100% complete. I have posted what I have in the build it forum under Blueprints various models. I really need a second set of more complete prints to varify the information from what i have. If anyone can help and send me a more complete send me or post a complete set of prints. I would appreciate it. Thanks

#20 ·
They are

They are the Cheapest way to go they just need some fine tuneing to get them to run right If ya like working on guns this is the way to go if you want a drop in job bolt the pieces together Shermin makes a great set up or you could go with a Wise lite deal. depends what your looking for Mine works great just needed a little TLC.

#21 ·
Looks like it would be cheaper just to buy a ready built SA.I see they go for $6-700.

With the parts kit,semi bolt,receiver,and compliance parts;doesnt look like you are going to save much.

Tell me I'm wrong!-I'd love to have one of those guns too! Just bought a CZ-52 on Gunbroker for $135.,and it has new rollers,new steel firing pin,Wolf spring,and a Hogue slip on grip rubber(?)-HOT little round!!!!!!

#22 ·
AA is running around $850 for theirs
WLA is still having delivery issues
MGS is also from WLA and price is going up along with the delivery issues..

IO's never worked worth a crap unless you rebuilt it like Rocco did, and if you gotta do that you may as well just build it to start with like him, nitegunner, sherman and me have all done.

ive built the WLA version from kits in the early striker fired and AA version in hammer fired and played with a IO hammer fired.....

none of these even come close in function to the Sherman conversion set up.

but Rocco is right: IT AINT CHEAP!! and Shermans health is not real good right now so it takes a while for the turn around.

rest assured this gun is well worth the wait if your gonna shoot it alot. if you are mainly just gonna look at it, it doesnt really matter go cheaper.

mine has a few THOUSAND rounds thru it now and has never FTF,FTE or FTFD in the Sherman set up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.