Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sten mag house install

2nd Amendment Martyr.. lowjackal's Avatar
    Feedback Score

anyone have a link to a sten magazine condition pictorial. You know ..Good...OK.....CRAP!!
    ????
    "The congress of the United States possesses no power to regulate, or interfere with the domestic concerns, or police of any state: it belongs not to them to establish any rules respecting the rights of property; nor will the constitution permit any prohibition of arms to the people".

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

uh whats a "condition pictorial"????

im going to set a magwell on a sten later today and will take some pictures for you if you want...

but as we said, you really need to have already cut your bolt slot and the main magwell hole then put in the bolt and work your magwell off of the bolt position.

this will eliminate any alignment problems... no misfeeds this way.

will have pix of me setting and tacking this up later tonite when i get in.

sdk
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ok its not much, but at this time for what im doing this is all ive got for you..

this is really a simple install, just take your time

after cuting the magwell by the template and installing your bolt, make sure you have a nice smooth bolt path and then close the bolt with the handle in it.

now position your magwell on top of it and center it up:

now go around and tack it (i tack the back dead center first, cause there more material on most demills there)

check your bolt function and make sure there is no draggin on the ejector or binding on the side of the bolt.

now just slowly work your way around the housing tacking on all the corners

use short weld paths to avoid warping. continue testing the bolt until you have it all welded around the housing and then if your not a "pretty" welder you can grind off and make a nice finish on it...

then you adjust your magazine to the well if needed.... sten mags are known world wide for working in certain guns and not others.

ive got 5 semi stens that run perfect and all my mags are fit to each gun and numbered.

hope this helps you.

sdk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ok your online and you asked for this........... did you see it?

or did it help you at all?

2nd Amendment Martyr.. lowjackal's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    ok your online and you asked for this........... did you see it?

or did it help you at all?

OMG!!! I'm just now seeing the pictorial you did for me and I cant thank you enough. I do believe that I will go and put these pics to use and set up the welder for another try at it. Thats really cool that you did these pics and replied so helpfully to my beginner-type question.

Most people wouldnt help someone else out like you've done. Karma props to you.

Seeing as all I have is a 110v Flux-core arc welder that isnt the neatest welder for this purpose the pics and steps you outlined may just get me to attach the housing without warping the reciever so viscously as I have twice now. I had the bolt cycling perfect until I tried to do it my way. Which once done just with the 4 corner tacks had warped it so the bolt binded right at the ejector end of the mag house opening.

So again , thank you for your help and what I meant by a magazine condition pictorial was a wrongly worded attempt at asking where on the forum a post I saw showing 3 sten mags. From good to alright, to crappy. the pic had them in that order showing the top end of the 3 mags from left to right.

Anyways Thank you again.
    Lowjack
    "The congress of the United States possesses no power to regulate, or interfere with the domestic concerns, or police of any state: it belongs not to them to establish any rules respecting the rights of property; nor will the constitution permit any prohibition of arms to the people".

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hey no problem bub!! thats what we do here is help each other.........

lots of guys here help me on build that im learning & im hoping that if you have done some that are new to me you will return the favor.

once you get those tacks down and check that bolt a few times for clearance, it will be a piece of cake for you.

and all i use is a MIG 110volt on gas....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.