Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: SGN-9

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    What did you think?
    Been gone for 3 days. Your project is looking good!!! On The 1100 trigger group mine has a lot of side to side movement in the thin hammer, but I think that could be rectified. I'm also wondering about the thin hammer face. Possibly welding it a little thicker in the impact face and then re-hardening. Overall i really like the action.Been shooting them for years as a quail hunter with never a failure. I've been watching the auctions. Most go around $39.00 so the AR stuff is cheaper, just not near as nice a complete set up. I think you're on to something good. Chief

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

No, I hadn't concidered that, it might be the way to go as it doesn't need to be as stiff as the original as it will be supported by the trigger housing. I was thinking about taking two pieces of angle iron and welding a spacer in the middle to get the gap for the mag release. Its going to get welded to the front of the 1-3/4"x1" square trigger housing so it doesn't need the raised edges on the original to retain the stock.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I was thinking about the remington setup more for the suomi set up where the trigger has to be set back from the hammer. As you noted the hammer might need a little more mass as the 1100ect firing pins are lighter than a ar15 pin. Although the firing pin head is smaller on the remingtons and they seem just fine with the side to side play. It still looks like it would be a good choice though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Chief, now you got me thinking. The 742,7400,7600 hammers are shaped a little different and look like they have more mass in them for the harder rifle primers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Somebody out there who isn't using the original trigger pack (and maybe other unused small parts) for this project want to donate one for a dummy Suomi project?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I thought I'd repost the pics of the barrel bushing I'm using since they were lost with the upgrade. I made the barrel bushing long enough that it will go back to the step up in the bolt. This will be similar to the way a suomi receiver is and will limit where an empty case can jam in the action. When I get around to making a semi suomi I'll make a barrel like this one and cut the barrel jacket lugs into it. I plan on attaching the ejector to the bottem left side of the mag well opening in the barrel bushining. Other than that I made a barrel extension and threaded the barrel for 5/8"-18tpi. I have the magwell opening almost done and will get a pic of it up when I finish it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

anybody have some left over suomi parts they would 'part' with at a cheep price? I'm not asking for a barrel, specifically interested in the trigger group, going to disable it for a dummy gun so rough or missing the internals is probably okay too....anybody?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm going to be using my trigger group for a striker fired suomi build. Sorry I can't help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anybody else want to part with some small parts? Trigger pack?

Feedback Score

all,
    could sombody please post what size tube for the reciver was used on the SGN9. I did not get that issue and do not know what tubing to order. thanks

muttman

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.