Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: SGN-9

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    What did you think?
    Been gone for 3 days. Your project is looking good!!! On The 1100 trigger group mine has a lot of side to side movement in the thin hammer, but I think that could be rectified. I'm also wondering about the thin hammer face. Possibly welding it a little thicker in the impact face and then re-hardening. Overall i really like the action.Been shooting them for years as a quail hunter with never a failure. I've been watching the auctions. Most go around $39.00 so the AR stuff is cheaper, just not near as nice a complete set up. I think you're on to something good. Chief

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

No, I hadn't concidered that, it might be the way to go as it doesn't need to be as stiff as the original as it will be supported by the trigger housing. I was thinking about taking two pieces of angle iron and welding a spacer in the middle to get the gap for the mag release. Its going to get welded to the front of the 1-3/4"x1" square trigger housing so it doesn't need the raised edges on the original to retain the stock.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I was thinking about the remington setup more for the suomi set up where the trigger has to be set back from the hammer. As you noted the hammer might need a little more mass as the 1100ect firing pins are lighter than a ar15 pin. Although the firing pin head is smaller on the remingtons and they seem just fine with the side to side play. It still looks like it would be a good choice though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Chief, now you got me thinking. The 742,7400,7600 hammers are shaped a little different and look like they have more mass in them for the harder rifle primers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Somebody out there who isn't using the original trigger pack (and maybe other unused small parts) for this project want to donate one for a dummy Suomi project?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I thought I'd repost the pics of the barrel bushing I'm using since they were lost with the upgrade. I made the barrel bushing long enough that it will go back to the step up in the bolt. This will be similar to the way a suomi receiver is and will limit where an empty case can jam in the action. When I get around to making a semi suomi I'll make a barrel like this one and cut the barrel jacket lugs into it. I plan on attaching the ejector to the bottem left side of the mag well opening in the barrel bushining. Other than that I made a barrel extension and threaded the barrel for 5/8"-18tpi. I have the magwell opening almost done and will get a pic of it up when I finish it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

anybody have some left over suomi parts they would 'part' with at a cheep price? I'm not asking for a barrel, specifically interested in the trigger group, going to disable it for a dummy gun so rough or missing the internals is probably okay too....anybody?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm going to be using my trigger group for a striker fired suomi build. Sorry I can't help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anybody else want to part with some small parts? Trigger pack?

Feedback Score

all,
    could sombody please post what size tube for the reciver was used on the SGN9. I did not get that issue and do not know what tubing to order. thanks

muttman

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

building sgn 9

sgn 9

sgn 9 suomi drum

sgn gun builds

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.