Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: SGN-9

Feedback Score

Just got a suomi kit from Cope's. I have to give them credit their stuff looks good and is packed well. The UPS man drove over my box I think. Everything was packed well and made the trip. Now I'm not sure if I want to build the SGN-9 or a Suomi. I still haven't been able to find a copy of the SGN, but the search continues. I don't have a subscription, does anyone have any suggestions? Walmart ususally carries it but not this issue yet.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm willing to bet the guy will sell a cd at the end of the build series like he did with the sten gun he did a few years ago. I think thats why he presents the build with a sort of vagueness about it. I'd also be willing to post pictures of my build as it progresses, and I bet others will also.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It will show up at WalMart in a week or two, subscribers get the new issue a couple weeks before they hit the newsstands.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

got mine at Walmart last night
    If at first you don't succeed..Reload

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I work at a magazine circulation company and they came through there this week, yes I got one, and if the other companies are like the one I work at the lastest they should hit the news stands should be by Tuesday.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

hey moleman, you say he has previous builds on cd? Do you know where to get them? I researched his name on my computer but could't find anything.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The prices might of gone up in the past 2 years, but for the sten build he has the cd listed at $9.95 including shipping. Stone Axe Engineering, P.O. Box 125, Dept. SGN, Scott Ohio, 45886.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

great, thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I worked on the Suomi bolt today. I removed the firing pin bushing and except for finding something to push it out with it wasn't anywhere near as hard as an AK barrel pin. The back of the firing pin bushing was soft and it looked like whoever put it in smacked it with a hammer a couple times so it would fit tightly in the bolt. I had the firing pin bushing chucked up in the lathe and the carbide cutter took the pin nub off so I thought I was home free but a HSS bit just left a mark on it and didn't cut any. I annealed the bushing and bolt to be able to cut them better. I drilled out the bolt for the AR15 fireing pin. I drilled the narrow spot in the front of the bolt just behind where the bushing sat with a .155" (5/32) bit. I used a .385" bit to drill out the back and set how far out the firing protrudes. I got the "honey its time to come" in before I could get the bushing drilled. The firing pin hole in my AR15 is 1/16" and thats the size I'll use on the front of the bushing. Because several Suomi builders have come across bolts that the center hole isn't centered, I went ahead and turned the bolt down .003" between centers to assure when I was later drilling the firing pin hole It would be better centered.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.