Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Thompson Clone

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Wow! You guys really brought this one back from the dead. This was a one of a kind project and I will have to dig around in the old memory banks to remember the details. I still have the weapon by the way and it is on display at the gun store where I do my gunsmith repair. I will try to provide what info I can to you guys. Just ask.

Feedback Score

Default Re: Back from the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by dvanncvann View Post
    Wow! You guys really brought this one back from the dead. This was a one of a kind project and I will have to dig around in the old memory banks to remember the details. I still have the weapon by the way and it is on display at the gun store where I do my gunsmith repair. I will try to provide what info I can to you guys. Just ask.
    Hi dvanncvann,
    Its not that that its been brought back from the dead, Think of it as an orgional war horse, comming out of retirement! I didnt think I would every want to see OD Green again after being in th military for so long;

However you have made the OD Green take on a whole new life and meaning of its own, other than plane english I have no other way to put it.
    SIR You Have One Bad Ass Looking Thompson. its gunsmiths and engeneers
    like yourself that these big firearms companiesshould be hiring instead of these lil computer geeks, Dont get me wrong they have thier place as well in this industry, But when one creates such a firearm that still creates such a stir after all this time, Is quite an acomplishment I am glad I found your Build, and what goes into it thus far, I cant wait to get all the parts and get started , but the only thing is , this gun is like a lays potato chip you just cant have just one! I have ordered enough parts to make two and extra parts in case i screw up ( the old eyes are not what they used to be!) And I cant wait until you see your next build finished and posted, and once again thank you for sharring this build and the what you did and so-forth. And I have only one complaint that most of us will agree with ,, why the hell cant UPS deliver on a Sunday!! lol,,,well off to get some chores done, and then back to the drawing board in the shop..Doc

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Well when you build something that nice, and out of the box, it's going to keep coming back up

I think the main thing that was left out of the info already posted is, what's the rough length of the square tube?
    And does the round tube inside go the entire length of the square one?
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Well when you build something that nice, and out of the box, it's going to keep coming back up
    I second that, I still want to build one and have a bolt started, along with a doner kahr 1927 sight that I'll modify with a peep for the folded position.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

It gave me all kinds of crazy ideas.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Just a thought I was wondering if there was a way that this could be made into a belt fed weapon, by eliminating the mag well and make it like a traditonal belt fed gun although it maybe smaller, but then there would have to have an allowence made for the top cover to open, mabybe a good idea maybe a bad one , but one never knows untikl one tries,,anythought?,,,,Doc

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

9mm doesnt have enough uummph to cycle a beltfed. I will bring the thompson home and get you guys some measurements on the receiver.
    however if you like beltfed.....been there done that...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Some other stuff I have been working on

7.62x39 bolt gun with integral suppressor.

Ruger m77 in 458 Socom

MP5ish ak in 7.62x25 ( this one is alot of fun)

Gas operated 45acp AR15. (the one on the bottom) My favorite AR!
    The one above it is a 338 spectre with a form1 can.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

OK there Dvanncvann, I'd love to see a separate thread on the 7.62x25 build. I know it's been pretty popular the last few years, and I built both a blowback as well as a gas op myself. Your forward charging handle intrigues me!!! Is it reciprocating?
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Dvanncvann.
    Those are some great looking firearms you made there! at this rate
    Im gonna have to install a windshield wiper on my monitor, and invest in a Lobster bib!
    you did a great job on your guns, the MP5ish (lol) as you call it took me by surprise
    I would have never thought of that one especially on a AK receiver! As far the tommy beltfed it was a thought, I have a M-53 kit i still dont know if I want it the way it was ment to be but in semi-auto, or if I could do something entirely diffrent, where as I wouldnt have to remortage my house for parts lol the only really crazy idea I had and making it work would be another story, but have any of you guys seen the wide body double barreled .45 govt,, well I had the thougt of two thompsons on a wide frame single trigger and for the ejection ports have one on the right and one on the left the receiver would have to be heavy duty thats for sure. Our creativity is only limited by our minds......Doc

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.