Gunco Forums banner

Lets see your custom home builds

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  rocco1911 
#1 ·
I was just looking at the 9mm Thompson thread and the MG47 thread and was wondering who else has built custom one of a kind guns.

Lets see them. I do not have the skills or the time for such a project but I would love to see the ones that you guys may have done. The more exotic the better.

#2 ·
I'm with you. My skills are limited to the standard AK. Even then I end up breaking something in the demill. LOL. But I have seen some incredible stuff in the past on this sight.
My pistol was my most different and Slamfire did all the work. I just put it together.
I was gonna steal this one and say I built it, but the damn guy was watching me too close. :nanabang:

Attachments

#6 ·
Its a KP44

Its a KP44 semi kit built on a wiselite receiver & trunnion feed-ramp combo With a Remington 870 Trigger group. Modded Bolt with floating Firepin & welded stock uses soumi stick or drum mags. My latest creation I also did a PPS43 also runs great same set up only I used a stenparts Receiver for it & welded in a blocking rail myself. I like there receiver for that build better looks more original same set up with a Remington 870 triggergroup & modded bolt. I'll post a picture of it tonight when I get home.

#11 ·
Hey Guys;
This is not a home build but it is a build up that I thought you might like to see. I've been building 1911 type handguns for many years.
I built a custom 1911 45 for a 89 year old friend "Burt" who was a flight engineer and gunner on a WWII bomber. I used caspian/wilson/brown parts all hand fitted, hand checkered and blued at home. I did all the engraving with a cnc mini mill and bought the box. Turned out good, if I say so myself. Burt was speechless. God bless our soldiers, both past, present and future!!!
After building 1911's, building AK's is tremendous fun. To data, I haven't got my first blister yet from a checkering file with an AK!!!!
Bill

Attachments

#15 ·
If your talking about the KP44 or PPS43 the KP44 was a wiselite receiver the PPS43 was a stenparts receiver with a blocking rail weled in I did the bolt conversion & installed a remington 870 shotgun triggergroup & no I did not document the build but I did give the plans for the KP44 & PPSH43 Bolt mods & triggergroup to my friend little rhodey from Weapons Guild - Index he does bolt conversions on my design & sells them on that site

#21 ·
I rarely take pics as I build it gets in the way of doing it right the first time. Well for me @ least & I don't document how I do them sure I probably should but enjoy just building them but If you would like you can contact Greg Clark he's a member here & he sells a CD that explains how to build a Yugo M56 step by step & its cheap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.