Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: M1928A1 Thompson semi-auto finished

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks duti, altho I only drink a coupla sam adams(octoberfest kicks ass) I used to partake of a mt dew & canadian mist mix alot back in the day.But my all time fav was austin nichols rare breed.wow. Anyway,Back to the subject, all I did was to follow Dutigafs example,although I coundnt work out your firing pin setup so I worked out my own fix.I did it like a ar15 fp. Carefully welded a small washer behind the fp head and drilled,tapped hole in the bolt body for a set screw simular to sgn-9 build. Shortend fp spring and it works great. Ok, gotta go to work now see ya!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Gunco Member easychair commando's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Do you have any pics of your reweld receiver? I'm interested in tips on how to do that with the least amount of trouble. My welder buddy is afraid of the receiver warping.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yeah there are quite a few pix of the reweld in progress over at Weaponsguild.com or at Beltfedshooters.com..... thats where the full build thread is at.

i had no issues with warping at all. but im a clamp the crap out of it from every direction and then tack it all up and weld a little on each side and not ever a lot in one area.

use angle iron & clamps to hold it all in place on a spare lower which means that it cant move AND you get the exact spacing needed.

yes a super good machine style guy would just go by the prints alone.... i check with the prints and then use a spare lower so there is NO question as to where it goes and how it sits..

NOTE: you must drill and insert & weld your denial pins BEFORE you do any rewelding. if you dont.... you have a machine gun the instant you strike the first arc!!! the agent was VERY specific about this wheni talked to them.

do your pins FIRST!!!
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

What happened to beltfedshooters.com? U can log in to the site, but forums is turned off!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i have no clue.... here one day gone the next and RIch hasnt called me to let me know ....

go to this thread at WG and i know that its still there...you'll have to log in first then it will take you right to it.

ive had over 30 questions on the build in the last 2days!! yee haw!!

Login

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

What became of the Beltfedshooters site?

It is dead or something?

MUSIBIKE

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Dutigaf,
    A question, where did you place the pins that you welded in before you started to reweld your receiver pieces. I've looked carefully at the picture and it appears that they went at the front of the receiver where they would impede the closing of an unmodified bolt. Could you give me an approximate measurement from a known point like perhaps the face of the rear of the magazine opening? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yes they have to keep the factory bolt from going into battery.... batf rule.....

first you decide what size you want to use, then just measure back half the diameter of your pin from the inside edge of the front of the receiver and center punch and drill. the placement up and down is totally up to you and you just make your bolt to match.

its really that flexible in this design.

the lower is where you have to be dead on and all the stuff is posted in the build thread.

every single one of these ive done has been a bit different on measurements just from the factory dimensions alone so you have to lay it out and check it before you start drilling or you will waste a bunch of good parts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Dutigaf, thanks. I also appreciate the caution on the lower. I'll go slow.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

This semi build was just amazing and very informative, congrats...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.