Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: M1928A1 Thompson semi-auto finished

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by resting View Post
    Dutigaf, thanks. I also appreciate the caution on the lower. I'll go slow.
    no problem! the more of these are built the happier i am.... the key on the lower is to not too low or too far forward on your hammer hole.... you'll see as you go what that is all about.

sdk
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    no problem! the more of these are built the happier i am.... the key on the lower is to not too low or too far forward on your hammer hole.... you'll see as you go what that is all about.

sdk
    Thanks, I assume from this that you do the hammer first and then set up the second pin (trigger/disconnect) from there. I notice from your photos and write up that the trigger tends to bottom out on the frame until you grind the angle on the back and open up some space in the frame at rear as well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

actually use a template so that i dont have to measure the holes all the time... but you still need to check and work from that front hole!

there is a good bit of trimming to do on that area and you can tget too far into the spring in the front either...

just some careful planning is all it takes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the come back. I assume one could use the holes in an ar15 receiver to make a template to work from to maintain the proper relation of the pins and parts. I'm on the road and working from memory and your pictures on interior layout of the frame. The spring you refer to is the mag catch spring, correct?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yes its the mag catch spring in that front "inner housing".... there is actually a template here on the site that you can print off for your ARfcg holes.. its been a while but i did see it here.

it actually came from an old SGN article and someone scanned it in and PDF'd it.

i took that and cut out a little plate and drilled it to exactly the right spots and trimmed it for use on these tommy's and then thats how i spot them and work them around to take any guess work out of the location... but as we mentioned eaerlier ive done quite a few of the tommy's now.

a guy only doing one just needs to locate that hammer hole, make sure it clears all and then spot the rear one as well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Dutigaf- Thanks for the tip. Found a drawing posted on this site by KernalKrink that had the pin layout measurements. Now to get home and get started. Need to find the front piece with barrel threads and extractor holes and I should be good to go. Thanks again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.