So as you all might know I bought a Special Weapons SW45cal MP5K receiver a while ago. Some of you might have seem the quality of work they put into it....cough cough
Well I'm determined to get it shooting. Cause I've always wanted a MP5K (badass little gun) and I like 45cal. So naturely I had to buy it.
For the last few days I've been looking for any info on how to build this bad boy. So far little luck. I even went and read over at Tom Baily's site where I got even less info...Strange since they built the thing.
Here is what I have so far:
SW receiver Needs some hand fitting but no problem.
.40 cal Front trunion
.40 cal barrel
.40 cal BoltHead complete
.40 bolt carrier
Triple frame with sight
Lower with all .40 cal parts.
Here are some questions I have.
1) Do I need a .40 100 degree locking piece? Or are they all the same for the MP5K
2) I assume I need a .40 firing pin and spring.
3) Anything else I would need that is .40 cal specific?
4) There are no holes for the mag release in the mag well. See picture below. This gun will use M3 grease gun mags that have been modified but I'm not sure how they will stay in place and be released
5) I did a inside measurement of the barrel and of a .45 cal bullet to verify this barrel will shot .45cal. Any thoughts? Did I do this correctly.
6) What holds the triple fram in place on the barrel? I assume I need to drill the upper part of the barrel for the front eylet which should keep it in place. But there seems to be a larger hole directly over the barrel (seen in the pictures below) what's it for?
I have a cocking tube coming from HK dealer and I will instal it and the Front trunion this weekend. Stay tuned for more pics and progess.