Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PPsh 41 build as a pistol?

Feedback Score

Here is a PPSh-41 variant from Vietnam via red China. It is the K-50M version of the PLA K-50 smg which itself is a chinese PPSh-41.

This smg is a cool "manchurian kandidate" for a pistol. K-50M parts kits are not available so you would use a "regular" PPSh-41 as a starting point. An AK pistol grip and shortened front sight must be added. The barrel jacket is cut back and squeezed down to a small bushing (washer ??).

As a pistol the wire stock (a copy of the French MAT-49) is deleted. If used it would be a SBR and require registration as an NFA item. The action etc is of course altered for semi-only operation as is done with other PPSh-41 builds.

VD
    Attached Images Attached Images

CNCer & gunco junky jonmorry333's Avatar
    Feedback Score

MAN THAT LOOKS BAD ASS I WANT ONE
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Feedback Score

I think you should market them!

Gunco Member sooperdoopercootershooter's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Well I have not worked in quite sometime now and the price of kits just keeps going up so unless I can luck up on one of these kits cheap from someone NOT trying to put their three kids through college AND retire on the sale of that ONE kit, then I will have to let it go, BUT, should one of you fine folks build it, PLEASE post some pics!

Thanks for the input from you guys, I really appreciate it, now back to the Uzi and AMD-65 pistol builds.

Feedback Score

Hello sooper,
    Yup, this economy really sucks and crimps cool builds but so has the gov't with its' BS import restricting.

For an econo approach to a semi K-50M pistol build you can squeeze by with just a PPSh-41 bolt and lower frame. All the other parts can be scratched out of barsock, sheet metal, and recycled AK bits. The barrel can be from a .308 blank rechambered or what ever you can find in 7.62x25mm Tokarev. The PPSh-41 mags are avaiable as well as drums. Drawings are available for many PPSh-41 parts.

A mill, and welder will be needed as well as lots of spare time.

Last May when this thread was evolving these parts were available. Today will require serious shopping to find them.

VD

Feedback Score

Some more K-50M info for econo builders...
    Bolts = $45.oo from MGS
    lower frame (Chinese) = $35.oo from Omega Weapons Syst.
    toasty barrel = $25.oo from Omega Weapons Syst.

or:

complete PPSH-41 kit (less barrel) = $169.95 from MGS (Military Gun Supply, TX).

Hope this shines some light.

VD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.