Gunco Forums banner

I have a small problem

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
Here is my problem. I received a package yesterday. It was from Tom Radant and addressed to Leslie Suranye Jr. It was addressed to my address where I've lived for 16 years. So I called the phone number on the package and his wife answered and said they were in the business of converting FA bolts for SA use. I have not opened the package so I don't know what's in it. I need to hear from Tom or Lelie. I don't want what isn't mine, and I would imagine Leslie wants his parts.

#4 ·
Can't you just have it sent back to the person who mailed it free of charge as long as its unopened? What did the business you contacted say when you told them of the mix up?

#5 ·
That's just it. I called and never got a return call. I couldn't think of anyplace else to post it and I was hoping that someone knew Tom Radant, that someone had used his bolt modification service or that Tom Radant himself would see this. I don't know his handle. It was delivered UPS. In my town UPS is open from 9:00 tp 10:00 in the morning and I work evening shift. Inconvenient as hell.

#8 ·
UPS can do some strange things. i once got a package from an engine builder addressed to my location (work) but the "to" name was bud king something or other. i looked at the contents, very large coppper head gaskets. just so happens there's a race at the Rock, bud king is Kenny Bernstein, jump in truck and haul'em down the road. they were very happy to see the lost gaskets. never did figure out that one.

#9 ·
FED X delivered a package to the mayor of Berwyn Hieghts in MD, a half hour later a black booted swat team kicked his door in, killed both his dogs, slammed his aged mother to the floor and detained and interrogated his wife and him. Turns out it was pot. Turns out it wasn't really a Fed x driver either. It was a cop. Turns out that there was a sensor in the box that would signal the dog killers to come in upon opening of the box. Also turns out that the box was never opened. Turns out some one is corrupt. I would call my lawyer and have HIM deal with getting that box to the proper FA manufacturer.

#11 ·
If they haven't kicked your door in by now, I doubt if it is a LE "sting" operation. They want to catch you with the illegal goods before you have a chance to get rid of them. Calling the police, especially when specialized knowledge of gun parts is needed to determine if something is legal or not (even a FA bolt is legal 99% of the time under Fed law) is just going to cause all sorts of headaches for everyone involved, including you. If you are truly concerned it contains something illegal, remove the label and toss it in a dumpster far from your home.

Most likely someone just got the wrong address written down. Call UPS at their 800 number and tell them the package got delivered to the wrong person and you would like to return it to the sender. Ask if they can have a driver pick it up, either from your work or just leave it outside your door at home. They should not have a problem doing this.

#12 ·
Call UPS at their 800 number and tell them the package got delivered to the wrong person and you would like to return it to the sender. Ask if they can have a driver pick it up, either from your work or just leave it outside your door at home. They should not have a problem doing this.
That's what I'd do.

#14 ·
I called UPS and scheduled that the package will be picked up. The rightful owner will eventually get his parts, I can use a mirror to shave with and my conscience is at rest. What forum is this, I don't remember....SMG well, as long as I'm here what would be a good place to pick up a FCG for a Remington 870 so I can progress on a PSH43 build. Does anyone have better pictures and description of the process of locating the Trunion and the trunion thingee into the repair receiver piece? Also, if I decide to go the SBR route, what am I looking at in paperwork?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.