Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HK 53K from a HK 33 Kit?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Do you know of a place selling hk 33 barrels.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I found a couple of pictures from the 51K thread here.It mentions that the longer bolt carrier is for the shorter gun.You can also see that the slot for the cocking tube is extended into the reciever area.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunco View Post
    My 33 kit will be here tomorrow according to UPS tracking number so I will post some pics.

Ya if you could get a already cut 33 barrel for cheap that would be a great way to save a little $$

How did that apex kit look?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Kit looked good, barrel was completely removed and any part with a serial number actually matched. The cocking tube and other parts were once painted black but now the paint was coming off.

I'll try to get pics up tonight. I have limited internet from were I'm at for the holidays.

All in all the kit was in good condition and nice.
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Does anyone have a barrel stub from a cut kit they want to part with?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I got my kit from apex and my flat is on the way.I also found a trunion with the stub still in it to simplify things.Does anyone know of a thread somewhere on the correct way to shorten a cocking tube,especialy for the very short 'K' models.I also need to find out how to use the paddle mag release with the semi shelf that I will have to weld into the reciever.I can't seem to find anything on either.One more problem that I will need to address is the correct locking piece.I have been told that they depend on barrel length as well as caliber.This seems to be very doable but there is a lack of information on them for some reason.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

To install the paddle mag release, you have to drill a blind undersized hole in the shelf. Install the lower housing and centerpunch the exact center of the forward mounting hole. Drill a 1/8" hole through the shelf, stopping before it goes all the way through. Make a bushing to sleeve the paddle mag release so the 1/8" pin will fit properly, many people use a MIG welder tip. Install the paddle with a 1/8" pin driven slightly below flush, then weld over the end making it a permanent installation.

Depending on the shelf used, you may have to machine a slot in it to clear the paddle release. Do not put any holes in the receiver until after the shelf is welded on.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    To install the paddle mag release, you have to drill a blind undersized hole in the shelf. Install the lower housing and centerpunch the exact center of the forward mounting hole. Drill a 1/8" hole through the shelf, stopping before it goes all the way through. Make a bushing to sleeve the paddle mag release so the 1/8" pin will fit properly, many people use a MIG welder tip. Install the paddle with a 1/8" pin driven slightly below flush, then weld over the end making it a permanent installation.

Depending on the shelf used, you may have to machine a slot in it to clear the paddle release. Do not put any holes in the receiver until after the shelf is welded on.

Thanks Kernel,I can sort of picture what your talking about but I'll have to wait for the shelf and the flat to see exactly.I'm not sure if I'm going to put a paddle on it but I know if I don't the first person who sees it will ask me why I didn't.You know how that goes,if I tell them it's a pain they say it's easy even if they never did it before.

Feedback Score

Then say "Cool well will you do it for me then for 50 bucks" I bet they shut up then

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

My usual response is "where's yours".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.