Thread: Uzi Carbine: D&D parts kit vs Scrounging

Feedback Score

Default Uzi Carbine: D&D parts kit vs Scrounging

Hello,

I'd like to build a semiauto Uzi Carbine. D&D has turnkey complete kits for $675 (Plus weldup kit and receiver). If I scrounge my own parts and convert a FA handgrip/fcg to semi, I may be able to save ~$100 - $150. (If I can find everything and the prices are what I think they are.)

Any opinions on what to do?

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SHIT JUST LAST YEAR I BOUGHT A NIB VECTOR UZI+SHIPPING+TRANSFER FOR $650.
    ~ Czolgosz, Leon (1873-1902)
    "I killed the President because he was the enemy of the good people, the good working people. I am not sorry for my crime."

Feedback Score

Yeah, I know. The ship sailed and as usual I was not on it.

JJS

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I did a step by step semi uzi build here in this forum. My parts and weld up kit ran me only $330.00. I bought the parts in Feb. this year.

If you want to build one, I would get this set if it comes COMPLETE. The price will only increase from now on.

Make sure that includes the barrel, lower grip frame parts and, internals. Otherwise, you might as well just buy a made up UZI semi.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Exclamation

A demilled UZI kit does not give you much in parts for an UZI build. I would save the $675 for the demilled kit and just buy up the receiver shell, weld up kit, lower grip frame assembly and, barrel.

I think you can still build up an UZI semi for around $500.00 these days if you shop carefully. Centerfiresystems.com has complete lower grip frames for $69.00. You can get a nice chrome lined barrel on UZITALK.com.

LOTS of build parts over on UZITALK.com. Just go over there and look around.

Quote Originally Posted by jjsmn View Post
    Hello,

I'd like to build a semiauto Uzi Carbine. D&D has turnkey complete kits for $675 (Plus weldup kit and receiver). If I scrounge my own parts and convert a FA handgrip/fcg to semi, I may be able to save ~$100 - $150. (If I can find everything and the prices are what I think they are.)

Any opinions on what to do?

Thanks,
    M U S I B I K E

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.