Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: pps43

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by muttman View Post
    after looking over the new SGN and the pps41 fcg I think I can mod an AK fcg to fit in a pps43. does not look that hard just a time eater. muttman

Just remember that the height of the hammer in the lower will hit the top inside of the receiver when you close the top cover if ya don't cut & reduce the hammer size.
    I'm an expert @ what won't work & what not to do

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Did you guys see the thread about the Finnish KP44?
    He used a VZ58 striker and FCG with a home made firing pin.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/f151/kp-...-fcg-sa-43940/

Feedback Score

how did I miss this one? muttman

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

how did I miss this one?
    I don't know? But it's a great idea, the only thing that looks out of place is the safety switch.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by muttman View Post
    yes you will need a trunion, reciver flat (gunthings), and some time with a file or mill to remove the FA part of the bolt. there are prints on diffrent forms for the trunion and reciver. it is not a easy build but it can be done. most builds are now using reminton 870 fcg for easy 922r count. but some have tried the AK fcg and I have not found a " yes with a AK fcg" and working yet. muttman
    I use AK fcg on my PPS-43 in 7.62 and 9x19 builds. However, AK FCG will not work with original lower. It's too high. I use AK- receiver as my lower. Also I use a tube instead of repair section from Wise Lite.

Easiest build is the PPS-43 bolt with Suomi barrel and drum. I can make it extremely reliable.

EDITED TO ADD:
    You can only use double hook since you will have to cut off one of the trigger catch on the hammer since it interferes with the ejector/spring guide.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What about the barrel length? I thought they had to be 16 inches? Or is it okay if just the shroud is longer?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 65cobra View Post
    What about the barrel length? I thought they had to be 16 inches? Or is it okay if just the shroud is longer?
    The barrel, unless registered as an SBR (US only, dependent on your state laws, etc, etc, etc.) must be at least 16" including any non-removable muzzle accessories. Non-removable means welded, blind pin, or hi temp silver solder (with a flow temp over 1125 F.) Otherwise you cannot legally have it... a barrel shroud does not count... not that Carolyn McCarthy would be able to tell the difference.

So in short, unless you get a tax stamp to make an SBR, you cannot assemble a PPS-43 as a rifle without a 16" barrel. You can however remove the underfolding stock or weld it in the closed position so that you in effect have a PPS-43 pistol.

Mark

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Markp View Post
    So in short, unless you get a tax stamp to make an SBR, you cannot assemble a PPS-43 as a rifle without a 16" barrel. You can however remove the underfolding stock or weld it in the closed position so that you in effect have a PPS-43 pistol.
    Or just get some tubing that slip fits the barrel, and weld it on as an extension.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I would really like to do one of these or a ppsh41, but the original barrels are like 10 inches, So it seems like a extra 6 inches would dramatically alter the look of the rifle.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 65cobra View Post
    I would really like to do one of these or a ppsh41, but the original barrels are like 10 inches, So it seems like a extra 6 inches would dramatically alter the look of the rifle.
    Yes, it would, but the argument could be made that not having them select fire dramatically affects the rifle's function...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.