Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: pps43

corpsegrinder1981 corpsegrinder1981's Avatar
    Feedback Score

i'm doing a intial run thru on the pps kit i just got.i'm 99% sure the mag well got bent or crushed somehow,but visibly i cant tell.when i put a mag in ,it requires ALOT of force & removal is twice as hard.i've tried all 4 mags,all the same result.is there a way to fix the well without doing further damage?this question is probably gonna sound retarded, but what is used to get the black finish?seems to be too thin & comes off too easy to be paint or powdercoat.in regards to the barrel needing to be 16",i'm suprised i havent seen the solution i thought up to not dramatically change the appearance.buy a 16"+ barrel & if you have a extra shroud cut out a section & add it to the one you will use,or just find the same type of steel and fabricate a extension section. i heard that a 50+ year old gun can be put into the c&r category.to be honest i have no clue as to what that category entails legality wise.i would think it would allow the weapon to be kept in its original state,not having to worry about full auto fire.i'm tryin to figure out the legal bs to comply as much as possible,does the parts count/limit apply to these?in ct law i read something about assault rifles having to be full auto not select or semi.fed & local law just seem to contradict each other.i wish this legal shit was as easy as car mods.atleast on a car i can make something look legal even though its far from it,like using a dummy cat with a straight pipe hidden inside.this stuff is supposed to be fun not aggravating due to stupid laws that must be complied to.i coulda sworn shall not be infringed meant not changed or limited at all.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Not Legal Advice: CHECK WITH A LAWYER, DON'T RELY ON THIS POST! I AM NOT A LAWYER.

Don't kill the messenger here, but I have bad news for you:

1. YOU CANNOT BUILD ANYTHING FULL AUTO UNLESS YOU ARE AN FFL07.

Period. Doesn't matter. You cannot build the receiver for this gun... The only way to get a full auto weapon is to have an original receiver that was properly registered prior to the 1968 CGA or registered legally prior to under the 1986 act when manufactured.

2. If you want a gun to be a C&R gun, that does not exempt it from the 1934 NFA. So even so, you would have to have it registered on a form 4. You cannot build a new receiver for all the old parts. Yes, it sucks, but a C&R gun must be in it's original configuration with it's original parts. No getting around it, any new or replacement parts can bump it out of C&R status, although the ATF is the final arbiter of this.

3. If you want a Full Auto Firearm, it will cost you. You can legally purchase fully automatic firearms, but you will need to get the appropriate paperwork, find an affordable weapon (starting at $3k and up), and wait several months for the ATF to process your paperwork. Don't get caught trying to build your own fully automatic firearm, 10 years in jail and a $250k fine are amongst the sentancing options. <- This is a bad thing!!!

4. With regard to the barrel. If you build it without a stock, it is legally a pistol. Check your local and state laws before building ANYTHING. If you use the short barrel and the stock you will need to file a form 1 and register it as a short barreled rifle, which may not be legal in your state. The ATF will not approve any form 1 that would be illegal in your state. There is a $200 tax to build a short barrel rifle.

Good luck

Mark

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by corpsegrinder1981 View Post
    i'm doing a intial run thru on the pps kit i just got.i'm 99% sure the mag well got bent or crushed somehow,but visibly i cant tell.when i put a mag in ,it requires ALOT of force & removal is twice as hard.i've tried all 4 mags,all the same result.is there a way to fix the well without doing further damage?this question is probably gonna sound retarded, but what is used to get the black finish?seems to be too thin & comes off too easy to be paint or powdercoat.in regards to the barrel needing to be 16",i'm suprised i havent seen the solution i thought up to not dramatically change the appearance.buy a 16"+ barrel & if you have a extra shroud cut out a section & add it to the one you will use,or just find the same type of steel and fabricate a extension section. i heard that a 50+ year old gun can be put into the c&r category.to be honest i have no clue as to what that category entails legality wise.i would think it would allow the weapon to be kept in its original state,not having to worry about full auto fire.i'm tryin to figure out the legal bs to comply as much as possible,does the parts count/limit apply to these?in ct law i read something about assault rifles having to be full auto not select or semi.fed & local law just seem to contradict each other.i wish this legal shit was as easy as car mods.atleast on a car i can make something look legal even though its far from it,like using a dummy cat with a straight pipe hidden inside.this stuff is supposed to be fun not aggravating due to stupid laws that must be complied to.i coulda sworn shall not be infringed meant not changed or limited at all.
    Just make sure you build closed bolt not open bolt. You should be OK as far as full auto intent. C&R would not apply.
    Can't make full auto unless you have tax and license.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.