2 13.33%
  • Vz.61 Scorpion

2 13.33%
  • Kp-44

1 6.67%
  • PPSh-41

10 66.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wife wants to buy me a kit for V-day... Which One?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I voted for the PPSh41, because I have one and it's a well know WWII subgun with an interesting history.
    The Suomi is the same way but in 9mm.
    The KP44 is interesting and the + is it takes the same mags as the Suomi.
    The scorpion is a very cool looking pistol but I'd only want one if it was in FA, and as mentioned 32ACP is a little on the expensive side.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I voted for the PPSh41, because I have one and it's a well know WWII subgun with an interesting history.
    The Suomi is the same way but in 9mm.
    The KP44 is interesting and the + is it takes the same mags as the Suomi.
    The scorpion is a very cool looking pistol but I'd only want one if it was in FA, and as mentioned 32ACP is a little on the expensive side.

Any gotcha's that you need to know about before you buy the kit, like what's missing that you need to buy/fabricate? Assume the kits as advertised on MGS unless you know a better supplier.

Mark

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I would preffer to buy one from Brad & Gunthing.net:
    GunThings.com, Military Small Arms Parts Headquarters!  FNFAL, L1A1, 1919, AK, Galil

It's just that MGS is $15.00 more & you get four mags & one drum mag. Instead of just one stick mag.
    I may still go with Brad because I like personal service the smaller guys give you.
    Yep.........Give me a few days before you or anyone else orders one!He don't have but a few.( Ozarks talk)
    In other words, MGS is a better deal by far money wise & I've always had good luck with them.Brad may be worth paying more if your like me & get nervous taking chances. MGS gets a lot of kit complaints, but usually takes care of it.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Now we just need someone to tell us if both places are selling the same kits? Or if one is cut diffrent or like you say missing parts??

Please someone ! I want to order before they are gone. So does Mark.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Check THIS out Mark! I don't know how much barrels are? Or if you even need one to build a semi? Does not someone make 16" barrels for these?
    This might be the way to go?
    Class Three Supply--Post Samples

This is the source Matthews recomends in the SGN build article. First I've looked at them. They have some other cool kits too!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Check THIS out Mark! I don't know how much barrels are? Or if you even need one to build a semi? Does not someone make 16" barrels for these?
    This might be the way to go?
    Class Three Supply--Post Samples

This is the source Matthews recomends in the SGN build article. First I've looked at them. They have some other cool kits too!

Wow, hell of a deal...

Mark

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I suppose for that price you can worry about a barrel later, and I voted for the ppsh.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

IO shows new 9mm barrels for 80 bucks.

Feedback Score

I voted KP44 cause I built one & there alot of fun to shoot 9mm will be available forever & its not that expensive to build + you can still find the parts available to build one & GClark will be doing the bolt mods of a design I came up with very soon
    I'm an expert @ what won't work & what not to do

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

To me there's a few things to look for in each of these, the barrels being pulled from some of the kits does suck but it seems you can buy them for an additional fee.

With the PPSh41 is if it has the rear trunion & barrel, barrels can be found though, the rear trunion was being made by WLA but I'm not sure if they are still doing them. IO has an upper receiver blank (no rear trunion or barrel) or a complete upper with rear trunion & original barrel with an extension welded to it. There's been plenty of conversions done on these and most do work.

The Suomi is decent and as I can tell they still come with the barrels, the main thing with these are the fillers pieces that go in the front and back of the mag well, these seem to get cut and the front one is hard to find.

The KP44 (also the PPS43) have plenty of parts available to build. With the PPS43 it sucks that so many kits don't have the barrels, the KP44 seem to have the barrels yet and really only needs one more part (feed ramp) then the PPS43.

Scorpion, no real idea, never looked into building one. But the price seems ok from previous posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.