Gunco Forums banner

Which Subgun should the wife get me

Wife wants to buy me a kit for V-day... Which One?

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Markp 
#1 ·
I am tempted by a number of kits, the wife says she'll buy me one for Valentines Day... Which one would you get and why?

Mark

#2 ·
eh id leave the vz 61 off the list cause then you gotta buy the bbl for it, then the reciever. you can buy (or at least a few weeks ago) a complete one for cheaper than the cost of building.

#5 ·
The VZ.61 kit comes with the Barrel for $194. As Sjohnson stated, that would be the plan with that one. I don't know what's involved in the others but I like the fact that they are 9mm. I should add that I have a Mini Mill, Mini Lathe, and TIG/MIG welders at my disposal.

Mark

#4 ·
#7 ·
ahh you see when i bought my vz kit it wasnt that cheap. i had to buy the kit and the bbl seperate. and at the time the skorpion d-technic recievers were just coming about and. all in all it ran me bout 550-575 at the time. but shit if you can build one for under 400. that aint to bad. but .32's not cheap, nor that potent.

#8 ·
PPSH 41 is the kit I'll be the most sorry about if I can't get one. They are like new & I like a gun with some wood on it. I might just take the plunge. Looks like MGS has the best deal I'm aware of right now.

#9 ·
Plus the Suomi's are cheap & you can get one any time. Hell I have 5 & I won't build them all. I suspect others do as well just because they were $59.00 for so long.

#10 ·
not to mention that about 2-2 1/2 yrs ago cfs had that deal buy a kit and get a suomi for 20.00. i got four outta that deal

#11 ·
I voted for the PPSh41, because I have one and it's a well know WWII subgun with an interesting history.
The Suomi is the same way but in 9mm.
The KP44 is interesting and the + is it takes the same mags as the Suomi.
The scorpion is a very cool looking pistol but I'd only want one if it was in FA, and as mentioned 32ACP is a little on the expensive side.

#13 ·
I would preffer to buy one from Brad & Gunthing.net:
GunThings.com, Military Small Arms Parts Headquarters!  FNFAL, L1A1, 1919, AK, Galil

It's just that MGS is $15.00 more & you get four mags & one drum mag. Instead of just one stick mag.
I may still go with Brad because I like personal service the smaller guys give you.
Yep.........Give me a few days before you or anyone else orders one!He don't have but a few.( Ozarks talk)
In other words, MGS is a better deal by far money wise & I've always had good luck with them.Brad may be worth paying more if your like me & get nervous taking chances. MGS gets a lot of kit complaints, but usually takes care of it.

#14 ·
Now we just need someone to tell us if both places are selling the same kits? Or if one is cut diffrent or like you say missing parts??

Please someone ! I want to order before they are gone. So does Mark.

#15 ·
Check THIS out Mark! I don't know how much barrels are? Or if you even need one to build a semi? Does not someone make 16" barrels for these?
This might be the way to go?
Class Three Supply--Post Samples

This is the source Matthews recomends in the SGN build article. First I've looked at them. They have some other cool kits too!

#16 ·
Check THIS out Mark! I don't know how much barrels are? Or if you even need one to build a semi? Does not someone make 16" barrels for these?
This might be the way to go?
Class Three Supply--Post Samples

This is the source Matthews recomends in the SGN build article. First I've looked at them. They have some other cool kits too!

Wow, hell of a deal...

Mark

#19 ·
I voted KP44 cause I built one & there alot of fun to shoot 9mm will be available forever & its not that expensive to build + you can still find the parts available to build one & GClark will be doing the bolt mods of a design I came up with very soon

#20 ·
To me there's a few things to look for in each of these, the barrels being pulled from some of the kits does suck but it seems you can buy them for an additional fee.

With the PPSh41 is if it has the rear trunion & barrel, barrels can be found though, the rear trunion was being made by WLA but I'm not sure if they are still doing them. IO has an upper receiver blank (no rear trunion or barrel) or a complete upper with rear trunion & original barrel with an extension welded to it. There's been plenty of conversions done on these and most do work.

The Suomi is decent and as I can tell they still come with the barrels, the main thing with these are the fillers pieces that go in the front and back of the mag well, these seem to get cut and the front one is hard to find.

The KP44 (also the PPS43) have plenty of parts available to build. With the PPS43 it sucks that so many kits don't have the barrels, the KP44 seem to have the barrels yet and really only needs one more part (feed ramp) then the PPS43.

Scorpion, no real idea, never looked into building one. But the price seems ok from previous posts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.