Gunco Forums banner

Suomi parts kit question

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  saltydecimator 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me what parts normally come with a Suomi31 kit? Please include the small ones. I'm quite sure mine was lacking! Thanks

#2 ·
It would be easier if you posted a nice clear picture of what you received. They are not all the same. The earlier kits have the bolt handle torch cut ,right along with the receiver.

#6 ·
Also, Some kits have muzzle devices ( Compensators?) and some don't.
A kit with no compensator and chopped cocking handle can look alot like one with good handle & bonus muzzle device, in a poor picture. And many buyers don't know to ask.

#8 ·
I just upload the pictures to my computer. Then click on the "go advanced" button for the thread response. Then click on the "manage attachments" box which lets you look through the pictures you have on your computer by clicking on the browse box. When I find the picture I want I click on it, then click on the upload if you're done, or click browse again for more pictures. I'm not very computer savy at all and I figured it out. Of course it took me about an hour the first time.

#9 ·
Having trouble! My puter is going nuts flashing and freezing everytime I try to open a picture file. I asked my computer geek and he said he never saw that happen. His suggestion was to dump everything to factory settings and start over. I've donr that before and what a pain in the butt. I'm gonna keep trying. I really would like for you guys to see this and get your opinion.

#11 ·
Well I almost got it but It said invalid filename. What's a valid filename.
What's saying it's an invalid file name, when you try to load it to the site?

I'm scratching my head too :D it's hard for me to help when I can't see it.
If it said "invalid file type" I'd understand that but the "filename" thing is the part I don't get.

Try this, go into the file where you have the pic(s) and right click on the pic. A list will appear and left click on "RENAME" and make it something like "Suomi Kit". Then try to upload it again.

Did you try to upload it to the Gallery here? Look at the top of the page and click on the button and set up an album or whatever it's called here. I'm pretty sure you just click on "Upload Photos" and it will either set up a folder or walk you through the set up.

#13 ·
Off the top of my head here's a list of parts,

1-4. torch cut receiver, Will have the front and rear fillers and stock tang still riveted in.
5. stock
6. stock tang screw
7. trigger group
8. trigger group screw and lock screw
9. receiver cap and recoil spring
10. charging handle assembly-charging handle, spring , block, pin (may of been torched in the demil)
11. rear sight
12. mag catch, spring and pin
13. bolt with extractor
14. barrel
15. barrel shroud, may or may not have comp on it
16. barrel shroud locking lever and washer

#14 ·
Hey Honest1 I use tinypic.com to load pictures, it works even on dial-up.
Just click on the link below, and hit Browse, go to your pictures file, pick out the picture you want, ckick on it, then hit open, go down to Resize & select (Message Board), then hit upload now.
When your picture loads click & paste from where it says,IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards. Then paste that in the message of this post. Then your done.

TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.