Gunco Forums banner

Scorpion Pistol Reweld

12K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  Winn R 
#1 ·
For those who suspected that the Czechoslovakians had a complexity complex involving taking rather simple things and making them them unbearably difficult and that this complex was most clearly seen in their weaponry; we bring you the the Vz61 Scorpion pistol.

It shoots a minuscule cartridge, the 32 acp, and is simple blowback. I have given up counting the springs and pins. It makes no difference how many are lost, they multiply like Tribbles and still have no apparent home.

The workings of the pistol have been called elegant. If so it's elegant like the French chachat machine gun with so many parts it would never work. Generally the left side of the pistol is shown. This is because they couldn't figure out how to keep the hammer axis pin in place without jamming an external piece of sheet metal on the right side. A single grain of sand could bring the trigger unit (the original has 10 pieces) to a screeching halt. And I love the 150 meter sight setting. It's so useful. The rate reducer in the full auto version was a weight bouncing up and down in the pistol grip. Add that to the problems of controlling a machine pistol!!!

It just fed a complete mag, finally, so I'll start a thread. Pics to follow.

See less See more
#30 ·
Can you give me any detailed info on pressing that barrel?? Where, How, how much trouble?? NOBODY has been able to tell me anything on that. Any info appreciated, as I am planning a build hinging on this barrel press thing.......

#33 ·
OK I don't want to be a pain in the posterier, but can you show me a pic with it totally seated in the right position???So I can see what it is supposed to look like finally correctly seated.
Thanks
MD

#36 ·
My son posted the Apocalypse was nigh.

It snowed in Georgia and the old ones (meaning me) opened a facebook account.

Bob was one of the first ones to run me down. Whatchadoing brought him here.

You never fail to amaze me Winn.
I woke up this morning -- I never cease to amaze myself!

#42 ·
The little bit of lathe work can be done with emery cloth using the shoeshine method.

I'll see about a set up to get the barrel out.

OK -- just above the barrel on the inside of the upper are two dimples for the return springs. Cut two rods that will jam between these and the rear of the lower. This will support the sheet metal upper when the upper and lower are together and lets you put pressure on the barrel.

From the inside, the barrel's rearmost ring flushes with the inside of the upper.

#47 ·
Glad you did x39. This has renewed my interest in a Skorpion.

#49 ·
Initial work was with mig. The finish corrections were with tig.

Biggest pita was the jig work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.