Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion Pistol Reweld

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

The folding stock? Heh, SBR that bad boy
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That looks great, you did excellent work on that.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    That looks great, you did excellent work on that.
    As much as I'd like to agree....

My wife just fired a 20 round mag through it. She got a kick out of it; they are fun to shoot.

But I put a little too much room in the mag well and unless forward pressure is put on the mag there is a failure to feed. Happened twice with her.

Need to weld a bead front high and rear low then back in the mill.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Well! Working without dimensions and you screwed it up?

Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Seems to me you did do excellent work, it was the "psychic engineering" where you dropped the ball.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Yes, I agree with the other persons here about that you have done a outstanding job with the reweld.
    About mags for a 68, maybe a HKmp5 mag could be made to fit. Then it could have a 30round curved mag instead of a straight mag?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

A true labor of love.

Sweet !!

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

The procedures will be shown below. A milling machine is an absolutely required piece of equipment for this build. Depending upon where the torch cuts were made, the machining runs from challenging to difficult. The most reasonable way of doing this project is to buy the receiver already machined.

It is interesting that I could uncover no thread anywhere showing a re-weld started and finishing with an operating pistol. I told Max about this one and no one else -- I wasn't sure it was going to work!
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

EzFeed at weaponeer.net did one.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Thanks Dave -- CWtoyota's thread I saw but I didn't see ezfeed's. I'll go back and look again.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

The ejector comes out first then the mag release and bolt hold open.

There are flat surfaces which make things easier but the metal walls are very thin.

My apologies to traditionalists who want them the way they came. This one required much less internal machining to make it work however the cost was removal of a bolt lock safety. I've treated those who propose leaving parts out of guns with scorn; I now have my comeuppance. The bouncing weight in the handgrip has been left out, the hammer block pin was omitted, I'll try to adapt the trigger axis pin to an internal retainer and loose the external retainer, and the trigger axis pin is held in place with hitch pins!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.