Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion Pistol Reweld

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

walls are thin so blowthrough is an issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

With some of the cuts through .050 walls, alignment problems are hard to straighten out.

A few random comments. Protect the threads in the receiver which hold the handgrip. A 15mm x 1 tap will straighten them out if needed.The barrel has to be pressed in place. My barrel took some lathe work. Machining on the inside of the receiver may not duplicate the original (some of the cuts baffled me) and alternate methods of holding the trigger pin in place may be needed. I used neoprene washers first then hitch pins. The mag housing has a cut through it and must be dead on to feed. A 1/8” bolt will hold the two pieces of the body together temporarily.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R View Post
    Thanks Dave -- CWtoyota's thread I saw but I didn't see ezfeed's. I'll go back and look again.
    I think he removed all the pics Winn. Was ther one day and gone the next. I guess a couple of guys must have gave him some grief for looks and he decided to pull them and maybe the thread. I don't go over there much anymore. I was really looking forward to building mine, but ended up selling it. the factory guns end up being a good value. And if you wanted to SBR it, all you would have to do is make a mount for the stock. It is good to see there are still people willing to go to the trouble to reweld one.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I am having trouble getting in my shiny new barrel. Any advice on that one? I am using a press, and my very simple fixture, I just seem to be "stuck" with about 1/4" left to go.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

That is sweet Winn.
    I love to see these obscure builds come together. Nice work buddy.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Thanks Max.

I should have said more about the barrel. They are a bit of a problem. A few thousands had to come off in the lathe. The barrel pin is a bugger to get in and it's not obvious when the barrel is in the right place.

I spaced the barrel by allowing the bolt to contact the upper receiver. When a slip of paper was caught the barrel was in far enough!

I was uncomfortable with the rig in a press so it went in upside down between the padded jaws of a vice. I turned a brass gas fitting to the chamber then drove it with a rod. It took some substantial persuasion.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks for the advice Winn, I need to try to get it back out now to see if I can fuss with the barrel. I might end up sending it to Czechpoint. They are getting threaded barrels, and they press them in for you.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I just watched "Body of Lies".

One of the early scenes has DiCaprio at a house in the sticks versus a bunch of Arab terrorists.

He was shooting one of these things! Hollywood fake shot up bodies looked like they were hit with 50 calibers though!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

The magwell opening is rather unforgiving.

It it small but provides the only support -- mags are not under tension as in the AK. To prevent mag wobble it has to fit right top, bottom and center.

Paint it with dycem and stuff and file. If too loose, the best correction seems to be weld beads and more milling.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Can you give me any detailed info on pressing that barrel?? Where, How, how much trouble?? NOBODY has been able to tell me anything on that. Any info appreciated, as I am planning a build hinging on this barrel press thing.......
    If God Made Anything Cooler Than a Minigun, He saved It For Himself!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.