Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Suomi build

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks barrel buy. I've tried wicks and spruce aircraft, online metals and speedy metals and a few others without luck. I've searched on line several times but never seem to find any.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Probably a metric size. A couple online sellers specialize in metric tubing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If its metric then the outside is close enough to 37mm o.d. with a 3mm wall thickness. For the reduced tube then it would be 37mm o.d. with a 3.5mm wall thickness.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

These guys list 38mm x 4 and 4.5mm tubes, I would guess turning the OD down 1mm would be the best option as the next size smaller is 35. That appears to be the standardized sizes.

http://mdmetric.com/steel/Metric%20D...l%20Tubing.pdf

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks Kernel, the only 37mm tube I could find in the USA so far has been way too thin. Turning down a 38mm (1.496") tube won't be a biggie a I already have to turn down the 1.5" tube to 1.456ish (which is 37mm) as it is. I found some 37mmx3mm wall tubing in england, but I'd think there has to be a domestic supplier of it since several companies sell that size receiver tube.

Feedback Score

Why not purchase a 80% tube from Prexis? Only thing you have to do is weld the side plates for the lower receiver after cutting them. ALso, the upper has the ejector welded in. The rest the customer does.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by joel1000 View Post
    Why not purchase a 80% tube from Prexis? Only thing you have to do is weld the side plates for the lower receiver after cutting them. ALso, the upper has the ejector welded in. The rest the customer does.
    A prexis tube is a great option for those that don't have the equipment or skills to machine the receiver. Its also a good price when you consider how much machine work is involved in making that 80% receiver. This thread is about making your own from scratch.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

im pretty sure that Terry would sell you just the piece of tubing that you need so that you can still do it all yourself....

you may wanna ask him. (Hell Box Armory has taken over this part of the PRexis line of tubes)
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Well I checked with 4 or 5 different suppliers that we have. No luck. The best option I can think of is getting 1.5" o.d. tubing with a 1.187-1.188 i.d. and ream it out to 1.220 i.d. if your using the original bolt o.d.

I would order and use a bore reamer like we make our gun barrels but I know most cannot do that. You could get a chucking reamer but you would have to get a 1.250 diameter reamer and take it to a tooling shop that can resharpen it down to 1.220. The reamer option I feel would give you a much nicer finish vs. using a boring tool. A boring tool can give you a real nice finish but I feel it would take longer and more messing around.

Later, Barrel Guy

Feedback Score

Default Fire Control trigger group and front filler

Does anyone know if the FCG (the machined block on the front end) is suppose to fit into the front filler machined slot all the way or just locate off of it? I picked up a new front filler but the trigger group will not fit into the slot. The FCG groups is bigger than the slot on the new filler.

I'm going to change the FCG machined block size for modifing to a semi-auto etc....but I'm worried about the dimension difference depending on how the FCG is suppose to interact with the front filler slot.

Thanks, Barrel Guy

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.