Gunco Forums banner

PICS OF YOUR M11 M10 BUILDS AND OTHER SUBS

5K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  [486] 
#1 ·
HEY JUST WANTING TO SEE SOME OF YOUR GUYS M11 M10 PROJECTS PICS IM WANTING TO BUILD ONE BUT HAVEN'T SEEN ANY THAT HAVE BEEN BUILT . SO IF YOU ALL CAN POST SOME OF YOUR PROJECTS ON HERE, ANY PICS OF SUB BUILDS WOULD BE GREAT TOO

SO COME ON SHOW EM OFF :thankyou::woot::rockon::useless:

#13 ·
The PPSH41 was more of a put together gun, I bought some of the semi stuff since I don't have any machining equiptment, and everything I could do I did myself.
No bull barrel, it's just a tube welded in place over the original barrel to get out to 16 1/4". Still got some odds & ends to do to it.

What you guys think about the PPS 43 ???
Those are nice, the bolt is the hardest part like most subguns. I might do mine as a pistol unless I can get a long barrel for it. Don't know if I want to spend the extra for a tax stamp to SBR it?

#17 ·
The PPSH41 was more of a put together gun, I bought some of the semi stuff since I don't have any machining equiptment, and everything I could do I did myself.
No bull barrel, it's just a tube welded in place over the original barrel to get out to 16 1/4". Still got some odds & ends to do to it.

Those are nice, the bolt is the hardest part like most subguns. I might do mine as a pistol unless I can get a long barrel for it. Don't know if I want to spend the extra for a tax stamp to SBR it?
where can you get barrels for it . i seen some barrel blanks on a site i think it was green mountain or something mountain . i think that would be good enough for two or maybe three barrels for a sub

#15 ·
Yes I have, put about 500 rnds through it so far. Might take it out again tomorrow.
The only thing that gave me a problem was the buffer thing, it started to crack and I epoxied a thin piece of rubber onto it to help hold it together.

I've been watching the SUOMI build, and it's a nice write up, I might have to get a mill and start converting bolts to do my own.

#16 ·
Yes I have, put about 500 rnds through it so far. Might take it out again tomorrow.
The only thing that gave me a problem was the buffer thing, it started to crack and I epoxied a thin piece of rubber onto it to help hold it together.

I've been watching the SUOMI build, and it's a nice write up, I might have to get a mill and start converting bolts to do my own.

Your ppsh41 looks nice. The only real problem I've had with the suomi is not trimming the ejector enough. The cases were ejecting too soon and I've had to trim the section just forward of the step that kicks out the shells, but a little touch up with the dremmel fixed that. I built the first one without the aid of a milling machine and although it took a lot longer but was still "do"able. I want to blue this next one and have everything except the steel tanks to do it. Thanks for the kind words on the writeup. I've only seen a few writeups where people have built them from either rewelding or a prexis tube. I'm hoping to give people a cheaper alternative so that more people will start building them as they're neat guns. Of course the downside is you need a lathe or access to one and a milling machine is nice also.

#20 ·
I wouldn't buy the suomi kit for $225 and especially not with a cut front trunion and cut charging handle when you can still get them on gunbroker for around $125. The pps43 kit is reasonable though, and they have the trunion and flat for sale also.

#26 ·
Yes I did.
And yes the recoil spring is off to the left side, and no I haven't had any problems with the feeding or ejecting, the buffer thing was the only real issue so far.

#27 ·
Guess this could go here...

Yeah, I guess I could. Well, anyways, I jumped through hoops to make it legally, I had to get my dad to fold the flat I made, as I'm 15, I did do the machining on the rest though. Made the trunnions out of aluminum, and that stuff mills like butter, especially when using a 4 flute end mill. I used a little air cutoff tool to cut the rails in the bolt, and a milsurp "4130" welding electrode [they work for nothing, though I've only ran them with an AC welder] for the firing pin. I only made a fixed extractor, so it is like a mauser in that it'll only feed from the mag.

Pics in a few days.
Hey guys, sorry for the double post, but here are the pictures. Also a sorry to biggun, I remember him saying he was on dialup...

Yes, the firing pin is quite off center.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.