Thread: 9MM IN A 7.62X25 MAG ???

CNCer & gunco junky jonmorry333's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Default 9MM IN A 7.62X25 MAG ???

HEY GUYS I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU COULD PUT 9MM IN A 7.62X25 MAG LIKE A PPS43-41 OR OTHER MAGS THE SAME OR LIKE THAT

I WAS LOOKING AT SOME SPECS ON BOTH AND THEY ARE ALMOST THE SAME . ONLY DIFFERENT IN THE LENGTH . I WOULDN'T THINK THAT WOULD MATTER BECAUSE THE 9MM DOESN'T HAVE ANY TAPPER OR STEP TO IT .

AND IF I USE A HIGHER GRAIN 9MM WOULDN'T THAT FILL THE GAP A LITTLE MORE ???
    HERE IS SOME DIMENSIONS I GOT FROM WIKI

7.62X25 LENGTH34 mm (1.3 in) DIA 9.7 mm (0.38 in)

9MM LENGTH 29.69 mm (1.169 in) DIA 9.93 mm (0.391 in)

SO WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ???
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

do a search for azhonkey and his AK with switchable barrels. It is in 7.62x25 and 9mm. A really neat design and it uses the same mags for both calibers.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I have a 9mm barrel for my CZ52, it runs both 7.62x25 and 9mm from the same mag.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yep im like sjohnson.... i use the same mag for my 9mm and 7.62 in the CZ52 and it runs perfectly.

dont know about 9mm in a pps41 drum. BUT AZHONKEY would know... he's a GENIUS!!
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

My early 9mm conversion to a PPSh-41 used the 7.62x25mm commie mag. I found that it seemed to feed better if the 9mm rounds were set to the front edge of the mag.

I have also adapted Sten mags to the PPSh-41 in original Sten 9mm and modified to hold 7.62x25mm Tokarev ammo. The later trick I discovered from re-captured French MAT-49 SMG's in Vietnam. The NVA had converted them to 7.62x25mm with a new, longer barrel and modified the French (Sten clone) mag by mashing the rear spacer rib flat and trimming the follower to allow it to float.

A similar mod to the Sten mag will allow .45 ACP ammo to fit (about 25 rounds max). The feed lips are opened to a 3/8" diameter slot.

VD

CNCer & gunco junky jonmorry333's Avatar
    Feedback Score

wow cool i was looking at the tube gun from scratch post and i was thinking about doing a tube gun in 12 gage and one in 9mm . i think im gunna use a ak trigger group on both thanks guys . im gunna search for akhonkeys stuff
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.