Gunco Forums banner

vz61 reweld semi auto

21K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  trickyrick 
#1 ·
started this build tonight.

it is a czech .32 cal automatic pistol. of course mine w/ be a semi auto version.first thing i did was to go to here and read up on history and get a schematic of a semi auto version.

czechpoint usa

i also downloaded a manual for a semi auto from somewhere, can't remember where, but i have one if anyone needs it. here is a manual to a fully auto version. it really helped me figured out what was not needed from f.a. to s.a.

full auto vz61 manual.

now when you get your parts kit, don't get overwhelmed by all the little bitty parts. the manual is very helpful in figuring out what is what and where it goes.

i got a plastic box w/ separaters that went from top to bottom, so when i knock it over, everything stays put. i listed the parts by name and # from manual. this really brings it all into perspective.

on to the fun, here is cut receiver.

here is what i hope it looks like when i'm done. i printed this out to scale so i can use it to help lay out overall length.

first thing i did was to grind off rivet, from the inside, holding trigger guard to receiver. next i took the first 2 pieces that incorporate the mag well into it and put them together w/ mag installed. this gave me an idea of how far apart they needed to be once mag was removed. before removal i measured gap at 2 points on one side w/ a mic. then i clamped the larger part to a piece of brass on the inside of receiver. made my measurements w/ smaller piece in place and clamped it to brass. i use the brass as a backing plate to keep inside of mag well from getting excessive weld material in it, and also to keep from blowing holes in receiver while welding. i also used a piece to span cut at receivers thicker end (bottom). i also used a longer piece as a straight edge to align the top of receiver pieces before welding. when done, i tried mag,(it fit), and flipped it over, repeating process on other side.

See less See more
#27 ·
last night i mixed up some jb weld and i filled in the gaps, cracks, holes etc in the lower. in part to pretty it up and also, it will be easier to see cracks that might appear in welds. i ground a slot in the middle between the fa and sa slots for the safe position. i also welded a sling loop on rear where folding stock denier was installed. today a sanded it down, took off the rough edges and painted it up. after it set, i baked it in oven at 400 degrees for an hour to harden.

then i painted upper and followed previous procedure. while all that was going on, i sanded down the grip to remove as much of the larger scratches, stained and spray varnished it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.