Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: pps43 semi auto pistol

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here is the KP-44 build http://www.gunco.net/forums/f151/kp-...-fcg-sa-43940/ Not mine, but I wish it was. I have a pps43 bolt that I've drilled a hole through for a firing pin or striker. I haven't decided which one yet and luckily I don't even have a pps43 build started.......Yet! Is your firing pin set up going to be the same as the weaponeer build?

Feedback Score

OOPS !!! I stand corrected.
    Trickyrick, that is a fantastic PPS-43 carbine you built on weaponeer !!! The Omega PPS-43 parts kits were about the first imported into the US decades ago from PRC. They were dewatted to a different criteria - which torpedoed the folding stock mechanism. They did however have more barrel shroud/trunion material left vs today's dewats.

VD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

thanks vd, i'm kinda embarrassed about it now. but it was my first and i laid out, cut, bent flat from scratch, did all of it from ground up...and it worked, so i was happy.
    Last edited by trickyrick; 08-26-2009 at 02:20 AM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

got front and rear sights pretty much done tonight. the front sight cross bar and post were missing so i had to make them. i found a rod that would fit the holes for it. i drilled a hole through it and tapped it for a small bolt. then i cut for length on cross bar and installed in base. then i screwed bolt in from top. this bottoms out in a tray in the base and is how you set for windage. i cut the top off bolt and will finish height and width later on.

then i cleaned up rear sight base by cutting off excess receiver parts and placed it on repair section. i used a bore laser to set final placement and tack welded it in place. checked again and welded it up. a little grinding and polishing wheel and wha-la.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hey thanks for the link. man you really pulled that back from the dead. I need to spend some more time on that site. lot of good stuff there.

what are you using for a barrel on the current build??

my PPS 43 kit will be on the back burner untill I get the AK stuff Im working on going and the 50BMG and the sunomies and the sten and then well Ill just start with the AK x25 project and the target AKs for now. I wish my x25 reamer would get here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

thanks 1biggun,
    i got the parts kit, receiver repair part, trunnion and bracket, w/ stock barrel in a trade.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

is it possible to make these 43,s in 9mm?

Feedback Score

Hello droog,
    Yes, it is possible but not really a drop-in deal. A 9mm barrel and clone trunion willl be needed. If using the KP-44 9mm barrel an adaptive-clone trunion will be required.

The PPS-43 mag will feed 9mm ammo well. I place the shorter 9x19 ammo at the rear of the mag for best feed. I also prefer a Sten-like barrel feed cone.

These days the 7.62x25mm original PPS-43 caliber seems the way to build, powerful and cheap.

VD

Feedback Score

do u have to weld the stock up? can u just cut the shaft sticking out off? and do u have to use origial barrel shroud or can u make your own and possibly use it on the u.s. parts count also?

Feedback Score

also on the cal. can u like switch to 9x19 or even 9x23 largo barrels made in u.s. on parts count?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.