Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: pps43 semi auto pistol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default pps43 semi auto pistol(FINALLY DONE)

well the last one i did was a pps 43 carbine in semi auto. so this one, that i got in a trade will become a pistol build. i thought that because i got a receiver repair piece, trunnion and bracket, that this build would go much easier than the last. this one is saw cut also, where the last one was torch cut through many of the parts that weren't covered by the repair section.
    well i should have known better...lol. when i set up the pieces to figure out where to cut and weld, i found this.

there is a 1/2" gap between the rear of receiver and end of repair section. there is a drill bit in the hole for the pivot point in front of receiver repair section. after pondering what to do, add piece in rear or, move whole repair section to rear and modify front to work w/ existing shroud. the second option is the one i chose.

#3 (yellow line) is typically where shroud is cut to join to receiver section.
    #s2 are the front trunnion bracket holes. typ. the ones on the shroud are discarded.
    #1 is the line i cut on repair section to match up w/ front shroud. i will have to move the bracket holes in repair section and do some other slight mods, but it is easier than adding such a small piece in rear area....i think.
    i had to remove partial trunnion bracket that was left by demill on front shroud. it was riveted and spot welded. here it is cleaned up.

then i pieced it together to see where everything had to layout.

i made my cuts on repair section, then used trunnion, bracket and barrel to line it all up before clamping and welding. below is front shroud and repair section welded together, waiting to be cleaned up.

Last edited by trickyrick; 03-30-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Feedback Score

Hello trickyrick,
    Nice welding !!
    You were fortunate to have a front shroud section with a bit of extra meat at the cut. The rear sight section should have provided plenty of fill at the back.

I have been thinking of a much shorter PPS-43 pistol using a shortened lower/upper and a shorter barrel. This would be a "mini-PPS". hmmmm.

VD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

viper, i thought that also. was gonna shorten barrel and shroud but i wasn't sure about the upper and lower. when i built my carbine, iirc, the bolt came almost back to the buffer, so i wasn't sure how much i could take off and i didn't want to screw this up.

Feedback Score

I think you have just created a machine gun, as you appear to have all the open bolt FCG still in the lower.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

486, the repair section has a blocker rail in it so it can no longer accept a full auto bolt. the folding stock was removed from receiver prior to welding repair piece to rear receiver piece. the rod was cut off so that a folding stock cannot be put on. thus it is a pistol and does not need to meet 922 stipulations. the fcg does not define it as a full auto. the firing of more than one round w/ single pull of trigger, firing from an open bolt, fixed firing pin does. i may be wrong, but i don't think so.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

got the upper done tonight. i cut off these parts.

then i drilled the new holes using existing trunnion bracket holes as guide. i removed the folding stock and cut off rod that it attaches to so it cannot be re-installed. the pieces were then put in place and matched up perfectly, so i welded it up. i had to add a bridge across the bottom but was able to pretty much keep the profile of the sling area and the opposite side.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrick View Post
    the fcg does not define it as a full auto. the firing of more than one round w/ single pull of trigger, firing from an open bolt, fixed firing pin does. i may be wrong, but i don't think so.
    Well, so long as a fixed firing pin bolt can't be put in it then I guess you are okay.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

so thats what these look like assembled LOL.. I was staring at my kit (minus barrel and trunion I think and have been thinking WTF for a week. I bought one from sportsman guide a week or so ago. I bought my kit to mainly look at and rob the magw well off of for my 7.62x25 AK pistol from scratch. but the more I look at it the more I like it. Does your kit have a barrel and trunion?? were do the repair sections come from??? what trigger group and bolt mods will be needed??? I woll follow your build closely?? it appears that my rear sections have much more metal to work with so i wont have to add any thing in. did you have to add the bolt blocker piece or does it come alread welded into the repair section?

are there any compliance parts for these?? I assume the reciver barrel and trunion are going to be US made what else can be bought to make a legal rifle?? I wont rule out a pistol build if it gets to be a issue to be compliant.

I will be able to chamber 7.62x25 in the near future so I can do a barrel for these.

with over 5000 rounds ammo sitting here I better get somethng that shots it working LOL

Feedback Score

Hello 1biggun,
    The PPS-43 trunion pieces can be found at MGS in the misc section. The 80% receiver section is under their receiver listing.

Take a look at moleman's KP-44 semi-conversion project (here on gunco) as that is very similar to the PPS-43 mechanism.

VD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

what viper said...lol. here is a link to my carbine build on another forum. you may have to join to see it but it is free. if asked for a referral please list me.
    Weaponeer Forums
    this was not a typical build as mine was torch cut thru all important parts and i had to rebuild a lot.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

pps 43 how to remove welded stock

pps-43 semi auto bolt

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.