well the last one i did was a pps 43 carbine in semi auto. so this one, that i got in a trade will become a pistol build. i thought that because i got a receiver repair piece, trunnion and bracket, that this build would go much easier than the last. this one is saw cut also, where the last one was torch cut through many of the parts that weren't covered by the repair section.
well i should have known better...lol. when i set up the pieces to figure out where to cut and weld, i found this.
there is a 1/2" gap between the rear of receiver and end of repair section. there is a drill bit in the hole for the pivot point in front of receiver repair section. after pondering what to do, add piece in rear or, move whole repair section to rear and modify front to work w/ existing shroud. the second option is the one i chose.
#3 (yellow line) is typically where shroud is cut to join to receiver section.
#s2 are the front trunnion bracket holes. typ. the ones on the shroud are discarded.
#1 is the line i cut on repair section to match up w/ front shroud. i will have to move the bracket holes in repair section and do some other slight mods, but it is easier than adding such a small piece in rear area....i think.
i had to remove partial trunnion bracket that was left by demill on front shroud. it was riveted and spot welded. here it is cleaned up.
then i pieced it together to see where everything had to layout.
i made my cuts on repair section, then used trunnion, bracket and barrel to line it all up before clamping and welding. below is front shroud and repair section welded together, waiting to be cleaned up.