Thread: Stemple 76/45 re-hab

Feedback Score

Default Stemple 76/45 re-hab

A work in progress on my Stemple 76/45. I am in the process of making a 9mm conversion and a drum mag for it. Stemple 76/45 make over continued - UZI Talk Forums

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Nice work. Those Stemple's make me want to move to a free state!

Feedback Score

Hello cal50,
    Your Stemple is primo workmanship in steel !!!!! You set the bar way up there. Will your conversion use a different magwell or customised mags to fit the existing well ??

VD

Feedback Score

Custom fitted Sten mags (stick) which I will use for a tower on the Suomi drum as well. I just finished re-working the original Suomi barrel to fit the Stemple. My Suomi bolt is already re-worked (turned the diameter down and cross drilled for cocking handle).

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I also hope the next state life takes me to allows fun toys. I am wondering though. why you went with the sten mag and not a suomi type magwell? Nice work by the way!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    I also hope the next state life takes me to allows fun toys. I am wondering though. why you went with the sten mag and not a suomi type magwell? Nice work by the way!
    I have a box of Stench gun mags...... The Sten is pretty reliable so I am hoping the mags do their part and thank you for the compliment.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Braggart!

(and you should be proud to be one)

Very nice work!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Hello cal50,
    The Sten mag can be a fairly roomie box. If the spacer rib at the back is removed (old NVA trick) at the top 2/3 length and the follower legs removed the mag will feed about 2 dozen 7.62x25mm Tokarev rounds.

Doing the same mod plus opening the Sten mag feed lips with a 3/8 inch end mill cutter will allow .45 ACP ammo to feed.

The Sten mag is a direct copy of Schmeiser's MP-28 mag.

VD

Feedback Score

The Tokarev round was tempting for a conversion due to size of rounds and cost of ammo (use to be!). .45 drums weigh a LOT Vs. 9mm which is lighter and cheaper to shoot.
    I slowed my rate of fire to around 730 RPM (using a shot timer) which is pretty good. Anything slower it's like an MP40 and faster its like a MAC-10.

Once I get the 9mm conversion working a .22 conversion would be a lot of fun. I have not researched what mag's are available for a host but the Black Dog (?) mags look good if they can be machined to fit the existing housing of my Stemple.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.