Gunco Forums banner

WTT: looking for a Suomi stick mag

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  cal50 
#1 ·
I need a sample (one) Suomi stick mag / 9mm for some measurements. I am working on a 9mm conversion for my Stemple 76/45 and want a Suomi mag for comparison to the Sten mags I have now. My Suomi drum conversion will use the Sten mag for the top part / tower. I want to fit some stick mags as well and the double stack Suomi should be easier to load Vs. the Sten mags. I want to compare the mag bodies for conversion purposes. For trades I have some Sten mags or a like new Suomi barrel jacket. Thanks! Jeff in Ohio

#3 ·
Yes. Actually I want to get my hands one to check loading ease and fit in my stemple mag well or which will be easier or mod (Sten or Suomi stick mag). Also if it's a double stack how the rim lines up with the bolt face for feed angles. Copes have them for $10 each with a flat rate shipping so I would rather order 4 or 5 to save on the shipping unless they would be unsuitable for my app then I will have more "stuff" laying around the man cave!

#4 ·
One thing I can answer right now is the SUOMI mag is far better then the STEN mag and a lot easier to load.
I'll have to dig one of each out then to get measurements.

#5 ·
I have a bunch of Sten mags and I already cut the top off one for a feed tower for my Suomi drum (9mm Stemple conversion). The drum is a novelty but I plan on modding a half dozen stick mags and I wanted to consider the Suomi stick mags objectively. I have fired full auto Stens and they run well and the Sten mags never were a problem (other than loading). I should just order 6 Suomi stick mags......

#6 ·
Good, you have some STEN mags already. I can't remember where mine are. :D
But here's some basic demensions of a SUOMI mag looking from the top, if you need better then this let me know and I'll take a couple pics.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.