Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PPS 43 barrel extension

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default PPS 43 barrel extension

I am going to make an barrel extension for my pps 43 build and was wondering what to use.

I figured some of you guys already had done this and would have some good ideas.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I've always thought a fake can would look pretty sweet. Not historically correct, but done up like a pseudo-Spetznaz type special ops rig.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    I've always thought a fake can would look pretty sweet. Not historically correct, but done up like a pseudo-Spetznaz type special ops rig.
    I think that would be cool too. But like you said this one I'm trying to make it look more like the orginal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

i used dom tubing and cut a recess in one end to slide over barrel. i made a rod that fit in dom and turned it to fit barrel inside 3-4", then welded it on. the rod keeps everything lined up. tig weld if you can. watch heat in any one area for to long.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

When I got the PPSH41 upper it had a steel tube slid over the barrel with a couple welds to hold it and the front of the shroud was opened up for the steel tube to fit through..
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    When I got the PPSH41 upper it had a steel tube slid over the barrel with a couple welds to hold it and the front of the shroud was opened up for the steel tube to fit through..
    I guess any steel tube would work I was just worried about the pressure. I was also thinking about drilling some holes and making it more of a muzzle brake.
    Last edited by The Dark Knight; 01-09-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

When I make the extension would it be legal if I welded it to the shroud instead of the barrel.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

On mine the ID of the tube was about the same as the OD of the barrel, if you do this I don't think you'll have a pressure issue. I was also thinking of putting a couple ports in the tube too but then I got a full length barrel from 1biggun.

No it has to be permently attached to the barrel, I looked into this already. I think it's stupid too, I was even trying to see if welding the barrel in would make the shroud part of the barrel, but that would work either.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

electrical conduit or hydraulic tubing with similar OD is your best bet. weld it on to the front of your barrel or silver brase for legal reasons. if your barrel is welded to front trunion adn barrel shroud is also welded to front trunion this would seem to meet the intent of the law, but will not meet the letter of the law. the extension must be attached to the barrel.

Feedback Score

electrical or hyd. tubing is to soft to use, it is made to bend easly and this could cause problems later on, i.e. drop gun and bend barrel. better to use some schule 80 pipe.

muttman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.