Gunco Forums banner

PPS 43 barrel extension

8K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  perry 
#1 ·
I am going to make an barrel extension for my pps 43 build and was wondering what to use.

I figured some of you guys already had done this and would have some good ideas.

#2 ·
I've always thought a fake can would look pretty sweet. Not historically correct, but done up like a pseudo-Spetznaz type special ops rig.

#5 ·
When I got the PPSH41 upper it had a steel tube slid over the barrel with a couple welds to hold it and the front of the shroud was opened up for the steel tube to fit through..

#8 ·
On mine the ID of the tube was about the same as the OD of the barrel, if you do this I don't think you'll have a pressure issue. I was also thinking of putting a couple ports in the tube too but then I got a full length barrel from 1biggun.

No it has to be permently attached to the barrel, I looked into this already. I think it's stupid too, I was even trying to see if welding the barrel in would make the shroud part of the barrel, but that would work either.

#9 ·
electrical conduit or hydraulic tubing with similar OD is your best bet. weld it on to the front of your barrel or silver brase for legal reasons. if your barrel is welded to front trunion adn barrel shroud is also welded to front trunion this would seem to meet the intent of the law, but will not meet the letter of the law. the extension must be attached to the barrel.

#12 ·
The best barrel extension is going to be some 4130 dom tubing from a special metal supplier like wicks or spruce aircraft ect. You can pick a size thats the same or close to the outside of the muzzle of your barrel and an inside diameter that is over your bore diameter. Drill out the last inch of the tubing and turn the last inch of the barrel down for a light press fit, then weld it on. Here's a suomi barrel I lenghtened.

Attachments

#14 ·
1' of the tubing is about $6 depending on what size you go with. I went with 3/4"x .156" wall which gave me a .437" id for my suomi builds. That way the bullet has plenty of wiggle room to get out of the barrel without touching the extension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.