Gunco Forums banner

M1/M1a1 Tommy "how to"

6K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  dutigaf 
#1 ·
this was requested by a few people for more detail so here we go....

this conversion is based off of the same set up as my 1928a1 conversion and will even let your semi lowers interchange between your uppers.

the same conversion rules apply... and we'll get into those a bit later.

It's DISCLAIMER TIME!

you are risking a very expensive parts kit and if that bothers you........ then this build is not for you.

im in no way responsible if you ruin a kit or cant get it to run! BUT with any conversion i do, its going to be simple not only in design, but in tooling and skill level too!

this conversion is actually even easier than the 1928a1 because of the all 1 piece bolt. thats getting the cart in front of the horse a little bit, so lets get into the build.

sdk

See less See more
#28 ·
Very interesting! After glancing over the thread and seeing that the manufacture of a semi-auto M1A1 Thompson is possible from the full auto "kit".. I believe I am quite tempted to do one as an SBR.

Some years ago my WWII, M1A1, Bridgeport, FA sub gun was ripped off... I have not had another M1 since then.

Hmmmm.. I do like am M1A1 Thompson.

A Philadelphia Ord "receiver" (as received) is simply a piece of steel. Or a "tent stake"...or a "paperweight." An "un-regulated" piece of steel... no more.

It is what you do with it once you have it, IE manufacturing a working firearm...that is governed by Federal Law. A couple of times I have toyed with the idea of a PMDSS sub gun...but never followed through.

A semi- auto SBR has some appeal though.

#29 ·
thanks for looking and liking.

my last 4 have all been M1's.

funny it was all about the 28a1's for me when i designed these, but over time ive actually became more attached to the M1's...

they are EASIER to do. LOL

s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.