Gunco Forums banner

PPsh-41 build

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  The Dark Knight 
#1 ·
I'm building a ppsh 41 and I used a AR-15 hammer spring and it wasn't strong enough. I think a cetme hammer spring might work but I need a measurment of a cetme lower or the spring its self.

Does any know of another spring that would work?

#3 ·
depending on which set up you used......

the ar spring works good.

but ive also seen these with a AK hammer and trigger and several different striker set ups...

plus there is always the SKS FCG (and this one works every time)

sdk

#4 ·
sorry I should have had more details. I used the shotgun news FCG. I took an AK FCG cut the trigger off and made an extension. Then used the original trigger to hit the extension. The hammer is a AK that has been cut down. An AK hammer spring won't fit (I wish it did I might try that next). To fit an AR 15 you have to take one coil out off of it this is wear the problem occurs because it deforms the spring.

I might try another AR 15 spring maybe I can do it better this time.

I am still very open to ideas.

#6 ·
Mine looks like an AR hammer spring but it seems like it has less turns on each side, insted of like four turns it only has two full turns. Actually it looks like a heavy AR trigger spring in a way.
If that doesn't explain it well enough, I'll try to get a pic

#7 ·
I thought about using a AR 15 trigger spring cause it looked the right size I just didn't know the strength. I got the AR 15 spring working better now. I'm going to order another one and try it again. When I do I will order a heavy AR trigger spring. I think that should work.

Thanks for the help guys.

I'll post some picks when I'm done building it is my girlfriend's birthday gift.

#11 ·
This, repeated throughout several threads, is the most crass case of post spam to get "15" I've yet seen. Any problem with contributing even a "that's cool, wish I had one"? But no, cut & paste the same lame words.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.