Gunco Forums banner

My semiauto Sten still "on ice"

5K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  akidynoken 
#1 ·
Like the title says, my project is uncompleted because of the fact that I live in what is possibly the most antigun Province there is, up-North: Québec.

For what I've been told, even if I build my semiauto Sten exactly like the ones that were accepted in other Provinces, it MAY well be rejected/destroyed by the powers that be here in Québec. So, for the moment, I stalled the build. BUT I have a buddy in Saskatchewan who owns SaskSten aka SMG International and who builds/sells legal Semiauto Stens in Canada. To make SURE I won't have my project one scrapped, I intend to buy one from Mick at SaskSten and copy his bolt and FCG in my own project. Just to keep on the safe side, I'll order an 18½" barrel on the Sten from Mick so it will be UNrestricted firearm and make a fake silencer to cover the longer barrel.

These were the sad news from Québec, the COMMIE Province (and they want to separate... yeah, right! :censored: )

#5 ·
Now, the tube!

And now, the tube!

BTW in case you'd wonder WHY I want a semiauto Sten, it is in case of being attaked by the infamous were-rabbits from Quebec. These little rascals can prove VERY dangerous even to other predators. See by yourself!

Now, back to the pictures of my build... I had to tweak a StenMkV template

#7 ·
Working with a hand drill and a set of files (and my trusty Dremel) for only tools.

See that proud smile? Yesssss sir! Tomorrow's builder helping his old dad today.

#10 ·
Of course, using an Mk5 template wasn't ideal

Of course, using an Mk5 template wasn't a great idea but it allowed me to gain some experience on the subject. This first tube WAS ruined mainly because I over filed the rear of the tube where the spring cup locks in place.

File a little, check OFTEN and so on... So I only had to blame myself for being too "enthousiast". :geezer:

#13 ·
So... tube number two is useable but not perfect enough for me. I think I'll make another one just to be sure it IS better finished. Good thing Stens are of a forgiving design.

I think I'll make a NON-FIRING StenMk2 with tube tube #2 and dress a manequin like a french resistance fighter. Cold be cool. I've seen others on a french forum do so aid I liked the results. What's pleasing with resistance is that they were not all equiped the same. One can equip his manequin with only a Sten and a grenade or even an old shotgun and a fork, and it would still be appropriate. Or... add a Bren, an MP-40, even a PPSh41, whatever could have been used in France then. Yes, some russian soldiers stayed in France helping commie branches of resistance so russian firearms are plausible in the hands of resistance.

Now, let's see YOUR Sten builds here too please. I still have so much to learn from others' build. :thumbup1:

J. Savoie
St-Hyacinthe, Québec (Canada)

#15 ·
In theory, yes, either restricted (original length barrel) or unrestricted (18½" long barrel). By buying one already made from my buddy Mick at SaskSten, I should be able to duplicate the FCG/bolt system and register my own Sten.

I think I'll send him my StenMk3 parts kit to complete and build my Mk2 as it is already begun.

You can see Mick's work at:
SMG International SaskSten Suppliers of Military Surplus Parts, Magazines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.