Gunco Forums banner

Ppsh41 in progress

5K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  bubbamauser 
#1 ·
got some of the receiver welded and smoothed, semi mods to the lower and trigger housing complete, bolt cut and drilled for firing pin that i need to make. Just gotta get my barrel and trunnion and im in buisiness.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Looks good
Where did you find info about the striker setup, or is it your design?

Just gotta get my barrel and trunnion and im in buisiness.
What's a trunnion worth? I might have one, got to dig around the parts box(es) to be sure first.
What's your plans for a barrel, original with or without extension, or a 16" one piece?

#7 ·
Well I cut my bolt with a grinder and cutoff wheel and messed up the bakck portion so I figured I might as well make my own out of 1/4 angle iron. It allows more room for the spring to compress and it counts as a 922r part. I'm gonna get an original barrel and extend it. The only place with trunnions is colsteel solutions and they want $50 for one.

#9 ·
Thanks! Well now for some bad news, the hole for the firing pin got angled upward somehow, I encountered a Really hard part towards the end so I drilled from the back to meet it and ended up having to waller out the hole part at the back so idk what to do oh and I welded the firing pin hole closed so I can drill a smaller hole in the front....I know I'm a dummy

#15 ·
Did a lot more work and took it out to test fire today. Cycles reliably but one out of about fifteen rounds misfires. I believe I got my firing pin set too shallow. Still need to do a lil more welding and grinding but I'll post pics when I'm not feeling so lazy

#24 ·
How hard is it to remove the barrel? If I understand it correctly it is held in by a flange at the chamber end and a rivet/pin through the trunion. Is the pin accessable? If so I may do both as I cast and reload 9mm as it is.

#25 ·
Hello moleman,
The PPSH-41 barrel is retained by the 12mm pivot pin which is an easilly removeable takedown as well as the barel lip. There were several styles of pivot pins used. Some were like the 2-piece MAC take-down pins, Some were like pop pins. Some were fixed by a small set-screw from the bottom of the trunion.

9mm ammo feeds well from the PPSH-41 box or drum mags. Just set the round to the rear of the feed device for best results. Schillstrom quad mags and Sten mags can be adapted for the 9x19mm ammo for te PPSH-41.

In WW-II the Nazis captured about one million PPSH-41's from the commies. The Nazis made a mag well adapter to employ their Schmeiser MP mags and rebarreled the burpguns to 9x19mm Parabellum ammo. Those conversion kits are HIGHLY collectable today.

It would seem that the Suomi and PPS-43 drums could be adapted for the 9x19mm conversion.

PS: akfiend, that is a cute carbine you built !!!!! Congrats !!!!

VD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.