Gunco Forums banner

KP-44/PPS-43 flat bending jig

42K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  allesennogwat 
#1 · (Edited)
KP-44/PPS-43 flat bending jig and kp-44 build

I welded this up from some old gas line I put on the side for this project when I replace my piping I used a 3/4 inch schedule 40 pipe for the die with 2 holes to keep the flat straight, I wanted a little more strenght for the jig so i used 1 inch spaced off of the die and 1 layer of 14 ga. on either side to give me the clearance to push my flat through I welded them to 2 pieces of angle iron. The flat is lowes 14 guage with the flat dimensions from the post here :-* I made my flat larger and the cut out lines smaller to compensate for my sharpie layout tecnique ;)

See less See more
#14 · (Edited)
Todays progress
I modified an ak FCG to work without a cut out in the receiver top. an offset was required between the hammer and trigger to make mine work. I opened up the bottom for the trigger to drop through a bit and moved the hammer hole up above the lower sheet metal for spring clearnce and after major grinding on the bottom and lower rear of the hammer also the hammer needs to be thinned a bit to fit in the receiver shell same with the hollow pin for the trigger and sear, FCG is tapco double hook butchered excessively ;D I egged the hell out of the holes too but that will be fixed later

Muttman,

There really arent any dimensions to the jig I cut 2 pieces of 1" steel pipe larger than the receiver and then cut 1, 3/4 piece of pipe for the die. I then welded 1 piece of 1" pipe to angle iron at either end then spaced the 3/4 off of the welded side and the soon to be welded side with 14 guage sheet metal (my flat material) 1 on either side and then welded the other 1" piece to the angle iron.

#21 ·
Guys,

if you use this jig add 2 layers of duct tape to the 3/4 inch bar, the bolt is pretty tight I had to hit it with the belt sander pretty heavily to get it to slide and it still need a bit more taken off.

I have come across a problem with the hammer though it is hitting the recoil spring I am guessing I will take some off the otherside of the hammer pivot and move it over away from the spring and then grind some more if need be,

This is a work in progress:confused:

#22 ·
Hello bubbamauser,
I measured my PPS-43 bolt diameter at 1.134 inch. The mandrel should be that size diameter and the residual spring back would provide the needed clearance. Closest thing I can find is 1.124 inch diameter solid bar stock at the steel yard. A 4130 CMS flat will have lots of spring back so this mandrel should do the job.

I'm planning to use my adjustable AK jig set for this spec (ie 1.125 + 0.075 + 0.075). That 0.075 inch is about 13 guage sheet steel for my PPS-43. Those nice Polish kits use rather thick sheet metal construction.

VD

#23 ·
The 3/4 inch schedule 40 steel pipe (home depot, lowes) is pretty close I just needed to shim it a little bit, from some gratuitious belt sandind the bolt works as is in the receiver, making it a little bigger would save this step though.

My goal on this is to do it as cheap as possible and with as many local or salvaged parts as i can

#25 ·
Some minor progress had to further modify the trigger group to move hammer over to clear recoil spring and adjust sear travel but I think I am done now

simple locking bar for upper

Now introducing the Ghetto trunnion

cleaned up the welds for some motivation

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.