Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: got my uzi flat

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Should be fine installing the blocker after bending, since he'll still need to cut several openings in the bottom before being able to install the other parts. As it is there's no way for the sear to enter the receiver (the two smaller holes).

Feedback Score

ive been interested in the .40 s&w but d&d sales carbine barrels are cheap so i think im gonna go with that. so my jig would have to have a sort of round mandrel to extend into the trunnion area to ensure proper forming. if i come up with a good jig i guess i will have blazed the trail for uzi flat bending.

Feedback Score

i think the blocking bar doesnt have to be welded in until before you weld on the back plate thing bc i remember seeing receiver shells for sale that didnt have the bar installed somewhere. i think it was group industries.

Feedback Score

sucessfully screwwed up the flat, wasted $64 and pissed myself off.... tried to do it by sandwiching it between two peices of flatstock and prying it like how some people bend G3 flats.

goodluck to anyone who tries this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I had an idea. Some of the kits like the one I got from numrich have the front section w/ trunion torch cut behind the trunion. The flat from mckay looks like a booger to bend in this area. Why not trim the receiver stub off a bit behind the trunion, and cut the front off the flat just behind the trunion area. The flat should be alot easier to fold after cutting the front off. Get your measurements off the flat before cutting. Weld the two together. Am I making sense? Should save a few bucks. Hell, dutigaf has probably already done one just like that!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

that was exactly what i was gonna do but i screwwed up my flat so just bought a nodak spud receiver. my kit is from sarco and has intact trunnion and rear section just like the picture you posted.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I just ordered my nodak spud receiver shell. akfiend, how long did it take to ship yours? Also, I re-read the thread and saw where you had said almost exactly what I posted about the cut and weld idea. How did I miss that? I can be a dummy sometimes!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

The lack of a bending jig has been whats holding me back as well!

Hopefully someone comes up with something before the prices on the flats go up!!

DT308
    "Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead"

Feedback Score

sorry mtn dew i havent checked this thread in a while. i dont remember it being to terribly long shipping time. now that i have a mill i could make a bending jig with releif cuts that would actually work.

Feedback Score

I found that I have a PDF copy of the Group Industries UZI receiver instructions on my hard drive. It is small enough to email if you want a copy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

bending an uzi receiver flat
flat solution uzi jig

uzi bending jig

uzi flat

uzi flat bending

uzi flat bending die

uzi flat bending jig

uzi flat bending jig 2014

uzi flats

uzi receiver flat bending jig

uzi receiver repair section

welding flat uzi

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.