Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: uzi confusion

Feedback Score

Default uzi confusion

so i got my complete welded nodak spud uzi receiver. welded in the small bar in the grip assembly to prevent the selector from going to fa and i modified the sear to semi configuration like the directions that came with the receiver said to. I understand that in semi when you pull the trigger the sear comes down and pops back up when you pull the trigger all the way. so would the gun malfunction if you pulled the trigger only far enough to where the sear goes down but doesnt pop back up? am i missing something here?

Feedback Score

The full auto bolt has a lip fully around the bolt face and especially on the bottom. The semi auto bolt lacks the lip below the firing pin. This prevents it from chambering and firing the next round if the striker cycles with the bolt. The semi auto extractor is suppose to be smaller for the same reason but the Chinese Uzi has a full auto extractor. The later semi auto's also have a cam on the back of the bolt that slows down the strike if it follows the bolt and it also prevents out of battery firing. It ams on the back of the late short semi auto ejector. The full auto ejector is taller I believe as is the early semi auto.

Feedback Score

so it just rely's on you pulling the trigger quickly? the ppsh41 semi has a disconector that the striker trips and resets the trigger so no possible way of full auto. I understand the uzi has no feed lips so it cannot pick up a round in a way that it could fire like an open bolt. but on the uzi the striker does not trip anything on its way toward the bolt to reset the trigger it just relies on the sear popping back up quickly before the striker can go forward again correct?

Feedback Score

With the blocking bar in the trigger housing the trigger and sear can't go to full auto. It will pop up and catch the striker. If the trigger housing lacks this the selector can go to full auto. The block also blocks the sear, not just the selector. If the striker follows the bolt, the semi auto bolt is not suppose have the feed lip on the bottom edge of the bolt face and the rim of the cartridge will hang on the firing pin tip.

Feedback Score

right right but if the striker did follow the bolt the gun would jam right? i know the absence of the feed lips prevents accidental full auto

Feedback Score

It's suppose to jam or slow down enough to not fire. Some ammo may feed and some primers may fire.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I just ordered an uzi parts kit. It looks like I've got alot to learn,but then thats half the fun of it.akfiend, keep us posted on your progress.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Will do mtdew. Its just a matter of getting the parts and assembling them. are you going to build from a complete receiver or weld it yourself? i figured with receiver shells being a hundred bucks and the weld kits being 80 bucks i might as well spend an extra 20 on a complete receiver thats been welded professionally cuz well...my welding isnt pretty

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Havent decided yet. I am still in the "research phase".I like to swarm all over the internet getting as much info as possible before doing a build that I've not done before. I like to have the kit in hand so I can better understand whats being discussed, and I ordered it last nite so in a week or so maybe I'll know.I wish more of the smg parts could be used to keep costs down. Could they be modified I wonder? BATF is pretty strict on these things as I understand.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

As long as they are modded to the Semi Auto config, no problem. Just remember a modified part is still considered imported under 922(r). And those bolts are harder than hell.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.