Gunco Forums banner

Building a PPS-43

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  morayman 
#1 ·
I'm trying to get the parts together to do a PPS-43 build.I need some parts I don't have like a stock with hardware,trunion,barrel,and a few other things,also could use any tips on the build if it's not too much trouble to help a new builder out.I'm not a weirdo,just new at this build,Thanks,morayman....

#4 ·
Yea' pretty much,the availability of parts will ultimately determine the build.I probably should have done more research on this gun and parts,but I didn't and now I'm intrigued by this and want to get it finished.Can you help me in any way? morayman............

#5 ·
Gunthings has complete kits with bbl and one mag for $170. Military Gun Supply has kits without a bbl and one mag for $70. Extra mags sell with the kit for about $11 each. If you're going to be buying almost everything anyway, it's probably cheaper just to buy a kit. The bbl less kits are a great deal if you're going to make a full length rifle, you'll need a bbl anyway.

#6 ·
no one thinks your a weirdo, in fact some think I am one so" f*ckem "
I think you came off a little strong by Pming to one member, instead of intro ing yoursef

I have stopped giving build advice, I will give up tips. I came to learn I was teaching low lifes how to build and god know who else. I just decided to stop, I sleep better now

ok I have little to no experience with this type of build, my advice with this build and others is to do your reasearch before asking for advice
first go to weaponeer, weaponsguild, roderus homebuilders, go through the old & active threads & tutorials others have done, Oh here too!!! read and re-read them
I believe there are a few active build threads over at the guild, but i stopped going over there so they maybe dated but VERY informative

good luck
sprat

#9 ·
I might be able to help with some stuff, but first want to say this.
If all you have is the lower, you might be better off getting a complete kit (like mentioned by others) and sell the lower you have.

I do have the upper repair section, trunnion, bracket thing, and maybe the rivets. I'd sell these for what I paid + shipping. I don't remember what I paid right now, need to find the thread or PM first.
I might have some other stuff too, but I got to dig around and see what I have. I think I got a kit with everything but the stock assembly?
Might be a little though because work has taken a lot of my free time lately and I need to take pics for another member too.

#10 ·
I'd be interested in any parts you might have.I might be better off getting a whole new kit,but I'm already into this one.Me and my son are doing it as a father -son thing,we're both learning,and it is fun! Let me know.morayman..............

#11 ·
Morayman
Sorry for not getting back sooner, been crazy at work.
I got the box with the receiver section out of the basement yesterday, came across it looking for something else type thing, I'll get pic(s) posted sometime tomorrow.
Been sitting at the pc for a couple hours now trying to catch up on everything that has happened this week on the net, need to get back to holiday stuff before I get yelled at. :D

#12 ·
No problem Coils,I've been busy with Christmas things myself.I'm in need of a barrel,trunion,some other parts. When you get to it is fine.morayman.......

#14 ·
I'm going to have to put this on hold for now Coils,Christmas and some parts I just bought about wiped out my gun funds.It might be awhile before I get started again.Thanks for all your help though,and sorry to put you to the trouble. Thanks again,morayman.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.