Gunco Forums banner

fmk 3 pics?

10K views 43 replies 7 participants last post by  Rahatlakhoom 
#1 ·
I have suddenly found myself very interested in the fmk 3 and parts kits are plentiful. the recoil spring isnt behind the bolt so this would make a hammer or striker setup alot easier. BUT theres not many detailed pictures on the web. If anyone here has a parts kit I would really apreciate some close up pics of the bolt from several angles and some pics of the lower receiver from a top view and also how does the barrel nut attatch? is the receiver threaded at the front?

#28 ·
that is a brilliant idea! you could turn a spacer on a lathe to hold the ak74 bolt in the carrier. if you decided to go that rout. I would try to drill the original bolt first.

this presents a problem though. A reduced ID tube would prevent you from putting in an original bolt when the bolt is assembled you would still be able to put a full auto bolt in the turned down bolt sleeve thing. so your finished semi bolt would need to be permanently assembled via weld or something.

#29 ·
or heres what im thinking.
1. drill bolt for firing pin.
2. weld in restricter bushing in the back hole of the sleeve the bolt rides in.
3. turn down rear part of bolt so it will fit in the reduced diameter hole in the bolt sleeve.
4. turn down diameter of bolt sleeve to fit inside reduced diameter tube.

#31 ·
I will cut a slot into the bolt carrier.
Then, install an indent into the tube that aligns.

So, yeah, it's a blocking bar set up.

The AK bolt will have to be permanently attached to a housing
that will install into the bolt carrier system, permanently also, I am
thinking. The angle on the ejector will also have to change it appears.

Not certain about several answers just yet.

#36 ·
what a country has the mags.
Close to an Uzi mag but the stops are cut lower on the stick.
Argentine FMK-3 25-Round Magazine

I am thinking hammer fired would be most practical.
An AK fcg system that works like a bullpup with remote trigger
activation. At least that's what I am thinking so far.

#37 ·
I agree. I kinda want to use a cetme fcg because clearview has them for $10 and also everyone uses ar and ak fcg for semi smg's and i kinda want to be a little bit original, but then again we are talkin 922r parts if i build as a carbine. speaking of which lets see if we can figure out the parts count for these things. Assuming the pistol grip and trigger housing are the same part heres what i got.

1. Receiver
2. Barrel
3. Trunnion
4. Bolt
5. Bolt Carrier
6. Trigger Housing
7. Trigger
8. Sear
9. Hammer
10. Disconnector
11. Handguard
12. Stock
13. Mag Body
14. Floor Plate
15. Follower
16. Operating Rod? ''charging handle"

#41 ·
Here is a quick video of my converted FMK bolt. Ignore the music, as I taped this the dogs went nuts at the ups guy. I figured it was better than barking.
[video=youtube;SUtg0byKwCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUtg0byKwCI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.