Gunco Forums banner

Is this Sten kit complete?

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
I don't know much about these.
Is there any thing missing that should have come with a 'compelte kit'?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
#8 ·
Gosh - makes me wish I never got rid of the couple of sten kits I had. :bawling:

#6 ·
And yes, they are so simple that with a piece of chain link fence pole & a dremill you could make something that would get you time in prison. Heh...heh

#9 ·
I don't think there flying out the door at that price.

#11 ·
The MKIII parts kits were $10-15 each when they first came in, no one wanted them when MKII kits were still out there for $40-50. Once the MKIIs sold out and climbed to $300+ the MKIIIs started climbing in price. Heck, I remember back in the 80s SGN was advertising MKII kits for $20, $15 if you bought several. I sold all mine off when they hit $100! :crybaby:

#20 ·
Shooting one is a treat. I'll never forget the shock I had when my buddy pulled one out at the range. He said no worries and showed me the paperwork for it before we commenced shooting up a bunch of 9mm. :)

#18 ·
:dunno: It's halfway down I 70 W right about now so I can't look at it. But,
The one on the barrel has what looks to be a front sight post on it, and is somewhat cupped which led me to think it was the front bushing.
There are no grind marks on or around the magwell. If the rear one is a piece that would have to be physically removed by grinding welds, I'd feel pretty safe saying that it's still in there.

If it's a piece that would just fall out, that might change things a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.