Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: starting a old project

Feedback Score

Default starting a old project

ive been working on a pps-43 for years and been hung up babysitting my granddaughter. ive got a receiver that need the denile bar in it but i need it straight and true. plan on using key steel and taping it to put a scope mount on it a weaver or pictanny, excuse the piss poor spelling. after i get the trunnion in it can anyone put the bar in it and just drill the rail holes, ill tap it? how much?

Feedback Score

perry,
    not sure what you want here. a denial bar is fully welded in place.
    muttman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

You need the denial bar in first thing, if you put the trunnion in first the gun can be assembled as an MG.

Feedback Score

right but i need the denial bar in and true with the receiver so i can drill and tap it for a rail to mount scope or laser on it and thats what im asking if anyone can mount the denial bar true with the receiver. havenot mounted trunnion in it because you atr right but still need to mount the denial bar corrctly first..i can eye ball it but as bad as my eyes are i would have it pointing east and shoot myself in the butt. could u place the bolt in it and tack weld the ends and then plug weld the rest of the denial bar in it? thet woul be about as true as i need it wouldnt it?

Feedback Score

perry,
    the atf requires a full weld not plug welding just to be clear on that and I'm not sure if sombody could do that type of work on the reciver other than you. muttman

Feedback Score

thanks,now i might have to put it back on the back burner for now again.would spot wedind be acceptable, if i have to weld it all the way i can see the writting on the wall. burn thrus and warpage.

Feedback Score

and thanks will also. didnt mean to shoun u.

Feedback Score

does any one still have a pps-43 flat bending jig? i think ill just weld a scope rail on and forget using one that needs a denial bar in it.

Feedback Score

i came back to this thread because want to finnish it. the denil bar is the kicker. what do you suggest on it? i hate to scrap the upper but if i have to oh well......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The KP44 receiver blanks, which are virtually identical to the PPs43 ones except for the magwell area, use a pressed in indentation along the top to act as the denial bar. If you can't do that, I assume you have a drill press? Place the upper in your vise and square it up. Drill a series of holes through the top the width of your denial bar, sliding the upper through the vise jaws as you make each hole. Or use a cross slide vise if you have one. File and Dremel the series of holes to form a slot, or use an end mill in your press with a cross slide vise. Place the bar in the slot with a thin spacer on top of the bolt slot to give clearance and weld it up. Straight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.