Thread: This is a question for the UZI fiends out there....

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default This is a question for the UZI fiends out there....

So, I have owned a number of UZI's in my life. Lots. But, the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia sez that they are baaaadddd! So, now I don't own any. But that is all about to change, once I make good my escape.

I have this question to ask:

NoDakSpud makes UZI receivers in two varieties, mostly done and partly done. They appear to be serialized, and that's fine.

Have any of you built an UZI from the NoDakSpud receiver?

Also, NoDakSpud has links on the UZI page to other folks who sell kits to complete the Spuds, does anyone have any feedback on them?

Lastly, I noticed that Green Mountain sells 16" UZI Barrels, anyone used one?

Like I said, I have owned many but built none. Looking for some advise, answers, and guidance.

Musibike! Now's your chance to convert me!

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Ooohhh now you're asking for it........ LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Never used a Nodak, but I did manage to cobble together one on an old Group Industries shell a while back. They were $15 and appear to be comparable to the lower priced one Nodak sells. Unless you are great at welding, I'd opt for the fully assembled one as lining everything up was tricky. Also lets ya buy a cheaper kit as the ones with trunnions are about $50 more. The bolts are damn hard, best to use a service that swaps your FA for a modified semi.

Kits, SARCO is about it for the ones with trunnions, without RTG seems cheapest.

AR Low Receiver, FAL Kits, 1911 Kits, A4 Kits, M16 Kits, Uzi Kits, 1903 Kits, Machine Gun Kits, Flat Top, Less Barrel, Spring & Pin Combination Kit & Receiver Parts - SARCO, Inc

Uzi Parts, IMI UZI Parts, Uzi Accessories, IMI Uzi Magazines, Vector Uzi Parts, Norinco Model A Parts, Norinco Model B Parts, RTG Gun Parts

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks Kernel!

I think that I will take your advise. I am just not set up to weld much of anything.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Shotgun news has great tutorial in the past few months using nodaks receiver

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Shotgun news has great tutorial in the past few months using nodaks receiver
    Do you have a link? Googled for the tuorial, but came up empty.....
    Johnny V
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Member OGCA
    CCW OH & PA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Looks like RTG has the 50 packs of slightly rusty mags back in stock.

http://www.robertrtg.com/uzimags.html

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I used a Nodak, the one that need the most done to it. Going by musibike's tutorial, and using a cheap flux core wire welder, I was able to build a really nice semi-auto uzi. Now the bad part. Without the fun switch, its really just a heavy 9mm pistol/carbine. Like my Sten and PPS 43, I quickly got bored with it. Although they are cool to show to friends when they come over.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.