Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sten Suomi Merry Christmas

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Is there a written law you have seen that say's you can not ?
    Yes there is, I can't remember when it was made a law but I'm going to guess the early 80s, you can still buy any semi open bolt that was made before that date.
    They made this law because of criminals and stupid people would file down the disconnector to make it into an auto.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Yes there is, I can't remember when it was made a law but I'm going to guess the early 80s, you can still buy any semi open bolt that was made before that date.
    They made this law because of criminals and stupid people would file down the disconnector to make it into an auto.
    That's a pity. It's a good job closed bolt semi autos can't be made full auto.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

MIck is a very very good builder.

he has some great work & even takes good pictures!

its a shame he's stuck in Canada.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The MG law defines an MG as:

"The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person."

ATF ruled that an open bolt gun, simply by grinding or removing any part that stops the bolt from moving forward converts it into an MG, thus "readily restored". No law change, just a ruling.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Being "stuck in Canada" ain't all bad really in some respects,, it's beautiful there and so are many of the women. Montreal was was one of my Favorite haunts when I was a youngster and had just gotten back from Nam,,hell it was only 75 -80 miles away, had a Brand New bright orange SS Nova, pocket full of bucks,,,,so why not??? DUH!!! No Brain er!! I was a 23-4 year old ,,buck in rut,,, back then, so what better of a place for me to go??? With Lots of clubs, concerts, hokey games, restarants and just allot of real nice folks up that way, I see no down side there! I have,,, MANY A STORY,, from there!!! Won't kiss and tell though!

I've even got some relatives up in St Johns someplace actually. And that's where we used to go duck hunting for years and years,,,GREAT WATER FOWLING THERE TOO !! What a flyway,,WOW, it seems like every duck or goose on the East coast came through there,, sometimes from so many different directions you didn't know where to turn! I lost track of them years ago though after my uncles died off and I never really got to know there kids well enough to keep in touch on a regular basis and then the farm got sold off and I lost track of them.

Canada ain't all bad ,,,,,EAAAA !!!

Don't let um give ya shit Mick !! BTW,,,, WHAT TO HELL KINDA NAME IS THAT FOR A FRENCHMAN ?????

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    MIck is a very very good builder.

he has some great work & even takes good pictures!

its a shame he's stuck in Canada.
    Thanks very much ! I'm not stuck here,I choose to live in Western Canada, it's free and civilized.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    No law change, just a ruling.
    Sounds just like an opinion to me.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post

Don't let um give ya shit Mick !! BTW,,,, WHAT TO HELL KINDA NAME IS THAT FOR A FRENCHMAN ?????
    I have dual citizenship, English and Canadian.

BTW the frogs that live in quebec are nothing like French frogs. I would describe them as being more like toads. I lived in Normandy for two years and feel qualified to have an opinion.

PS, When there was a referendum to decide whether quebec should remain part of Canada or become independent,it was decided that only residents of Quebec would be allowed to vote. I suspect there was a reason behind that decision.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ya,,,,You Are a smart ass bud,,,,touche'

I've had heard that too tough! But I seemed to run into lots of hottie's back in the day up in Montreal, yes some toads but can't really say I noticed them much,,,

I was on a,,mission ,,,after all !!!

Feedback Score

In times gone by I virtually lived for missions. If I did not score a frog there was always plenty of toads available.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

stensuomi rifle

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.