Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What SMG kit is easiest to convert/build as semi auto?

Feedback Score

I cant find any of the weld up receivers for the mac 11 anymore. Has anyone seen them?

Feedback Score

I find individual parts, ie sides, centers, grips at different places from time to time, but it looks expensive to buy from 3 venders to build one frame.(IMO) I think I could cut and weld if I had a template or real simple clear blue print. This guy sells parts kits, he should know where a brotha could get the rest, right?
    Let me know Wildman43, if you know.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The M11/nine flats were still available as late as a few months ago, I remember seeing them somewhere on the net. Might try a Google?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'm packing these sets with everything except what we'll call the flat. If a flat was readily available, I could include it, because that hasn't been ruled a "firearm" like possessing or selling all 3 pieces(2 sides & center) of a MAC.

sksparts.com was recently busted for selling a laser cut MAC flat.

I could copy or scan a flat but I don't know if the scale would still be relative & accurate to the original.
    KGB member # 004

WECSOG 1984-2005

Imagine Whirled Peas

Those that can, do. Those that can't, talk about those that do.

wildmann43.com

Feedback Score

If someone sends me an email of the blueprints I can MAKE templates 1:1 scale...Go to your craft store buy a $4 can of 3M Photo Mount adhesive and away you go. Alternatively you can also use a regular glue stick w/my templates but they require about 2 hours to dry. Photo Mount is almost instant.....

Somone email me the blueprints of the sections that need to be procured and I will re-draw them in my CAD program. I will center mark all the holes w/ "X" marks so you can center punch and drill by hand. I will also include any fold-to lines or other information. I will not make a template for the SMG sides so dont ask. SEMI AUTO or nothing boyz... Lemme know if I can help out...

JPGLee1@netzero.com

send the pics in jpeg/PDF or some other pic format with legible info that I can read. Lines do not need to be straight, nor does scale matter, just need the dimensions for reference THANKS!!!!!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Shortrnd
    My advise is to wait for the BSA III semi sten conversion kit. The SAS III is out there but there is a ton of tweaking that you will need to do to make if function correctly. There aren't any semi designs for the other kits that you mentioned........at least none that you can buy a conversion kit for. Right now most of our guys are working on Beretta 38a semi conversions. I'd say that they are some of the coolest guns I've ever seen. We have guys doing their builds in several different ways and they all seem to good ideas.

You can check the specific builds section of Weaponeer if you are interested.
    don't hold your breath waiting for the BSA3 cause it ain't happening

Feedback Score

OR you can say FU to the BSA3 nightmare and make up you own using one of these:

http://www.geocities.com/psarms/Link...AMk6CBSKit.jpg

Everything you need to make a semi auto sten in one easy package. BATF approved also (well thats my thinking....they DID allow the sale of the parts in the semi auto sterlings, using the same 1.375" ID tubing...) It could be made to look original too if you use some imagination. You would lose the push-push safety in favor of the rotating safety instead. You would basically use the original sten trigger with a push/pull rod (maybe on a bell crank?) to actuate the sterling FCG inside the sten FCG housing... Seems do-able to me. I personally would just build a semi auto sterling since it would be worth a whole lot more and be a much better rifle when done....

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jpglee1
    OR you can say FU to the BSA3 nightmare and make up you own using one of these:

http://www.geocities.com/psarms/Link...AMk6CBSKit.jpg

Everything you need to make a semi auto sten in one easy package. BATF approved also (well thats my thinking....they DID allow the sale of the parts in the semi auto sterlings, using the same 1.375" ID tubing...) It could be made to look original too if you use some imagination. You would lose the push-push safety in favor of the rotating safety instead. You would basically use the original sten trigger with a push/pull rod (maybe on a bell crank?) to actuate the sterling FCG inside the sten FCG housing... Seems do-able to me. I personally would just build a semi auto sterling since it would be worth a whole lot more and be a much better rifle when done....
    that would work if the laws of the US didn't apply to you

Feedback Score

i got the jig plans for a mac if anyone wants them. it's for the form Flat you press like an AK. just make sure you get the semi template to press.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Just want to throw a word of caution out to anybody reading this thread , You cannot make an openbolt gun , you cannot make a closed bolt gun that is readily convertable to an openbolt or full auto configuration. I ran into a guy at a WW2 event who had put togather a Sten kit , thought he was good to go since he had welded the selector over to say on semi-auto . He wasn't trying to be a crimminal , he just plain didn't know any better.
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

cheapest smg us

ducktown conversion kits

smg build kits

what is needed to convert a m11 carbine to a m11 pistol

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.