Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Preparedness Checklist

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The time to think about getting out may be right now. If a large assault force is already within a city, making a run for it may be pointless. Air patrols or armored vehicles would just take you out for practice.

I have been putting a bit of thought into this eminent possibility. Maybe some longer term planning and action is in order?

If the SHTF in a pronounced major way, NO trucks will be bringing food to local stores. The city water will be turned off. Electric power facilities will shed residential and most of the other loads off of the grid. No gas, electricity, food, water or, medicines.

The real time to make a move might be now instead of when the SHTF! Be in a position to do and provide for yourself. Unless the upset period is a month or less.

MUSIBIKE

Feedback Score

Don't keep all your eggs in one basket if possible, Natural diasters are famious for the home fires that follow! Got Natural Gas? When I lived in Lancaster,Ca. I could spit on on fault line, My block actually had a agreement, if stuff started shaking, we would shut of the gas at the meters. Bug out bags per family member is a cool thing, Got to figure out if your a go person or stay person, Physical ability etc... What about Gas mask??? Before you die laughing, try holding your breath, and remember if in riot zones CS gas sucks! Dirty bombs, if you got to leave to get someone, not breathing Beta particles would help, their dirt cheap now. Ever try shooting your must have rifle in a mask. If the unfriendlys get some tear gas grenades, your holed up, and you let the scum get close enough to throw something in your nice plate glass window. Get ready to puke,cough,puke. Its the one thing I never see on any list, and its the first thing Israel, has for everybody, Whats up with that. Even a train derailment or chemical plant problem from miles away could really hurt, just nature and human stupidity can cause needs for a mask, and now we live in times where radation,chemical or Bio agents are available, and lots of reports of missing stockpiles from the old bear, who is waking up again and starting to feed. Ladies and Gentile men get a mask, if you don't need them, on your death bed, will them to some pot heads, they have fun with them. Water purification for on the road, communication, and rally points are good things to remember.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I picked up some gas masks a couple of moths ago with some spare filters. They will make a difference at least. It is stuff like this people never would believe they will ever need. But, when that time does come, ... :-). It will be nice to be able to see where you are shooting not puking all over your weapon and bullets.

Feedback Score

i think its a great common sense list, as was mentioned before (years ago!!)

this looks like a good plan for something that might actually happen. i like the facgt that it dosent include all the tin foil hat shit like gas masks and guns and ammo. if there is a real disaster, those people had better be in top shape to carry all that shit theyll never need. just curious, what caliber do you recommend for shooting a hurricane?? or a flood??

and, if the need does arise, i know where my gas masks and g+a are

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

If the National Guard or who ever comes through lobbing tear gas everywhere to control the people for the good of the Nation, it will be a Hell of a lot more comfortable to breath through one of these mask! At least till they stop deploying tear gas. If I never need one of these darn things that would be GREAT! I hope NEVER!
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Like magazines, NOW is the time to get these for your personal use in the future. These are available, Cheap and, effective. A good gas mask will make all Of the difference in the times to come!

Centerfire Systems, Inc. - Your Home For Ammo, Firearms, Magazines, and Gun Accessories has the composite masks with filters and carry pouches.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

I have seen twice here in my remote area ware the national guard was used , they denied acces to areas rite away. I have a funny feeling that travel will be very difficult if anything significant happens.
    think how fast the skies were empty last time.
    if something significant happens it is easy to see the roads forcable empty too.
    never mind martial law, then ware are you going to go without being stopped?
    let the guardsmen get hungry and they will be the ones looting your food just like the cops in the huricane. rite.
    I think I will do my best to stay put!! if at all possable...
    I am off the page for extended times due to job requirements, not gone forever

Feedback Score

Several years ago here in Florida we had to handle a three week power outage on my street. Thankfully almost everyone on the road has a generator and a gas stove so none of us faired too badly. The worst part was the heat, I didnt spend the extra cash to buy a powerful enough generator to run the A/C. That was the event that got my husband and I on the road to getting more prepared. The generator was great but we definantly had to ration its usage, Somehow I had never thought of stocking up on the gasoline.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The HEAT is the only really bad thing about electricity going down this time of the year! My Solar array and a generator are not big enough to run this Monster AC system here. At least I will have fans on DC power.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The days start getting shorter now at least.

Here anyway.
    M U S I B I K E

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.