Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How Self Suffecient are You?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil
    Hey Sniper, ol GeneC has us BOTH digging through the y2k stash. Wanna buy some canned hams? hahaha I guess there still good.? I haven't run across one of those widemouth canteens yet but if I do, I'll grab it for you.

Canned hams? Uh.... no thanks. I haven't ate pork in about 4 years or so. I don't eat it for health reasons. Now if it was some corned beef....

The canned ham should still be good, I would just check it over real good before eating it.

Thanks for keeping your eyes open for one of the wide mouth canteens. It is almost as bad as trying to find the holy grail.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

All over the Country, but my home's in Florida
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil
    Hey Sniper, ol GeneC has us BOTH digging through the y2k stash. Wanna buy some canned hams? hahaha I guess there still good.? I haven't run across one of those widemouth canteens yet but if I do, I'll grab it for you.
    Apparently Camelbacks have replaced canteens and I didn't get the memo, either.
    Freedom comes from those who fought for it.
    USMC, GoA Lifer, NRA, IDPA SO, Florida Cracker

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Sorta like VHS and DVD's. I'm not going to replace all my canteens till they leak. 1 by 1. I pulled one of Tom Browns books off the shelf this week. Getting ready to do some camping soon, needed a refresher course. Maybe I'll eat a little thistle. The stuff is everywhere around here.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Running for it unless you have someplace better to go is pointless. Digging in and holding my ground has been my best decision twice now. Especially this last time when Rita catagory 5 was heading our way. EVERYONE left and were ALL stuck on the freeway out of gas, HOT and, out of stuff.

My wife and I with the two dogs set up a barbecue cook out with cold beer and a weather radio. We listened to several radios back there including the police scanner. All of those people who were stuck no more than 20 miles from this house, all sitting out in the open on freeways.

I opened up another almost frozen slush beer and was thankful that we made the decision to stay home to ride whatever out. It was not even raining outside. Just blowing hard wind. I listened to the radio report that the storm had shifted a bid East.

Yes, the storm that we would have ran from was bearing down onto Port Aurthur. This is exactly which evasion route we would have taken if we did in fact run from the storm. The hot side of the storm hit Them dead on.

Received a dozen calls the next day from folks we know stuck on the freeway. Talked to them till their cell phones died.

You can't run from a storm or a ground assault in a big city. You have to dig in and stand your ground as best as you can. That is the way I will throw my dice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I recently jumped in with both feet. I was well prepared before, now I'm living off grid in a travel trailer(so I'm fully mobile if need be) I'm almost debt free. I'm in a rural part of the Mojave Desert on my own property. I have a great job and few bills so I can improve the property. I thought about doing this for a long time, and always talked myself out of it or let others talk me out of it. I thought it would be too primitive. It has been more like a breath of fresh air. I can sit outside at night and howl with the coyotes.
    In one recent 10-year period alone, over 200 military incursions were conducted by the Mexican army into the U.S. border states of Arizona, California, and Texas.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I have a swath of solar panels on my roof now. The local electric company came over to check my meter to identify why my electric bills are so low. I just pointed at the panels up there on the roof.

Now, I just need to get the water purification deal figured out. Can collect enough rain water to bath already. We have enough drinking water for 2 months.

Sometimes I go out and howl with my two dogs in the back yard. :-)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Water purifiers, flint with magnesium, lots of flares, water tablets, handcrank radio, extra batteries, bottled water(about 10 flats of them), 25 gallons of gasoline(plus whats in the vehicles), small generator, extra lumber and plyboard/MDF in the garage 4, 20lb propane tanks, lots of lighters and matches and a hoarde of ammo that keeps getting bigger.
    I need to get a garden started early next spring, purchase seed, figure out the water purification thingy and would like to find a better way to keep and store meds(they all have expiration dates)even aspirin.
    The dog is kinda screwed tho, I only keep a spare 50 lb bag of dog food around.
    My cat kills lots of shit on her own, so she, I wont be worrying about.
    I wont have to rely on the government to come save my ass because I wont need saving.The sign on MY roof will say "GO AWAY".

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I have a sign on my front porch,"WE DO NOT DAIL 911!!". There is also the outline of a pistol around this phrase on this sign.

:-)

MUSIBIKE

Feedback Score

Common Sense is a thing of the past - people just want to be told what to do & think, our
    news people ( would go extinct ) if they had to fend for them selves. You can always do better by checking with the N.W.S web site. You should have a plan already for buging out, but when depends on your best judgment. How high above the water table are you, if a cat 3 or 4 hits dead on will you be under water & by how much. How many miles are you willing to travel, and do you have the provisions? Will you have to return within 48 Hrs & will the police let you back? In a civil
    unrest do you want to stay or move to a better location. Have you desided what will trigger that move. What will you be willing to do to get there. If you can't get there, whats plan two. Should
    you get a dirt bike for a lead car in uncharted areas. How is your comm's
    Last edited by Frogman; 07-30-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Weather - Storms

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

If it is still HOT, the head will pop within a week. But, if it is cooler and water does not get used as fast, I would say a month is how long till the,"Lean to" type people fall buy the wayside.

Ones that have never and and can't do for themselves will go first. Those will starve off or get popped while trying to take from others like they have expected from the government all of their lives.

If a storm comes through, it is OK to help these people out. They intern may help you as well. But, the events which are evident to do with when the SHTF is a different tune.

MUSIBIKE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.