Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: "Paranoid", or "Paying Attention"?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

It isn't paranoia if logic supports your stance. It is logical to not want to starve, it is logical to prepare for economic crash, when all the real indicators agree. It is logical to want to provide for loved ones in a possible time of crisis.

It is not logical however to ignore your mind and gut, and be unprepared for problems because a talking head on the TV gives you a verbal pat on the back and tells you everything is going to be ok.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well said, Fritz!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

EVERYTHING IS NOT GOING TO BE OK!!!!!!

The slide really started this week. Look at the TV!

Stocks all tumbeld.

Israel is fixing to attack IRAN. The burdensome stone. IRAN is ready to blame the US for it all. It is always BUSH'S and CHEYNEY's fault for everything.

All of Europe is poised for it. But, we have some spot enemy forces here as well.

It is only a matter of a little more time.

GET READY!

M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I dunno. I have mixed feelings about that last part, MUS.
    It certainly seems EASY to get upset by watching all of the news nowadays. Almost too easy.
    being prepared is one thing, but getting paranoid over news stories is another.
    I still watch all the news that I can , but I write it off. I reassure myself that if the SHTF, I have all of my stuf in order and will be ready to roll.
    Media coverage, in my opinion, is only there to control and, dare I say, enslave you to watch more. EVerything is negative and nothing is happy or good anymore. The more connected we are, the more miserable people get. this sentiment that "the world will end tomorrow" has been around for centuries, the media and instant global media coverage make it SEEM more plausible in out time though. People have been doing the same AWFUL things to each other for centuries, the only diff is that they can do it on a larger scale and the public finds out about it much faster.

I'm ready and am glad that you guys are too.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I think it is just a little bit more time. Like in this year.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

For example, I read an article on USATODAY.com about a 44.5 lb housecat that NEARLY made it into the world record. This No named, 3rd rate high school drop out writer entitled this article something like "Foreclosures hit a record High"
    WTF?!?!?
    This guy was just trying to scare up some readers with a scary false title.
    This POS story was really about an overweight cat, replete with picture of said fatcat.

It is SOOOO easy to fall into the trap of being paranoid in the "digital era" or "communications era" as I have dubbed it. Look at the last few wars. The US govt wanted to have embedded reporters onsite at all times so that they could control the flow of information. Information is power! They know this.
    Controlling the media is controlling the populace.
    it's kinda like that cool move "They Live" with Roddy Piper. As soon as he put on the sunglasses, he realized that all of this information SURROUNDED him and nobody realized it.interesting.
    I get the feeling that when the S does HTF, it'll be too late and we'll all be incommunicado-unable to use phones, cells or emails to chit chat.

perhaps, keeping a good old two way radio or HAM radio around the house is a good idea?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

At least have a CB ready to work.

However, remember to wrap something in foil as a backup. An EMP will cripple the front end of any solid state radio.

That is what I need to FAB up in a couple of weeks.

The UZI gets done this weekend.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, a CB aint bad. Even something with vacuum tubes would survive an EMP.
    Don't think that foil willactually prevent damage to solid state gear. The mythbusters were testing cell phone myths on airplanes , so they built a Farady cage. A cage consisting of copper mesh(very fine) that would keep electical waves OUT.
    This would actually work, but If you neede to use your cell phone or radio whilst IN the cage- you couldnt. No radio waves can get in or get out.

High Power Microwave - HPM/EMP
    scroll down for the cage info...
    pretty neat stuff, didnt think that "foil" would actually work-seems too simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Most anything like a receiver that tunes below 50 MHZ is less effected by the high frequency radiation from an EMP. Mostly UHF energy.

The electric field would be really all you have to guard low frequency stuff against. Foil most likely will not arc from side to side internally unless high enough surface currents are induced into it.

The magnetic field eminating inside the foil where the radio is would not set sufficient enough voltage at UHF to boil transistors and or FETS. But, if the source was very close, it does not really matter at all anyway.

I have a lot of tube type gear that I pulled out and checked last year. Spare tubes, capacitors, resistors and, other devices for repairing them.

Your best bet would be able to tune into the AM and HAM bands after an attack as an EMP. TV and satellite won't work.

MUSIBIKE

Feedback Score

Along with food, ammo, and the other mentioned gear, you would also have to think about medical and medicine related items. If you or a family member are dependent on a prescription drug, where are you gonna get them after your supply runs out? It's also hard to stockpile perscription meds (quantities are legally limited and shelf life). Even something as simple as contact lenses will not be obtainable in a prolonged shtf situation. Just food for thought.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.